Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: iTunes Integration??

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

lurchi2Home userMember since 2007
First of all, this DJing Software seems to replace Traktor soon...
I had the ability to take a look on VDJ on a PC and it is very promising. The auto-Beatmatching seems to work "out-of-the-Box" in most cases.
But what keeps me away from buying the Mac Version is, that there is no good iTunes Integration. Do you know DJ-1800? With this Software you can use iTunes to browse and simply drag'n drop the Song to the Decks. If this would work with VDJ, i immediatly would buy this!! I think, iTunes is the very best way to manage Songs. With iTunes i can sort and search very fast all aspects (BPM, Year, Rating etc....) of my Music. The best way to work as a DJ is to have the Library and the actual Song list in two different Windows side by side at the Bottom of the Screen, and the DJ Software above. This goives me total Control over my Library. And more: with sorting my playlists to bpm or year or rating(....) i have always new ideas for what to play next.

I read in the forums, that there will be a 5.0 Version. Would this do iTunes drag'n-drop? Then you will get a new costumer i promise!

What the absolute Killer-Feature would be: A special iTunes Plug-In that gives two shortcuts to send the selected Track to Deck A or B... I am afraid iam a dreamer......

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 1:34 pm
Version 5.0 will have all the abilty to search by all the same fields as Itunes; genre, comments, bpm etc. Plus you won't have to waste precious screen size (and RAM) by having two applications running. And you'll be able to browse with the new "cover flow" option just like in Itunes. But of course you don't have take my word for it because all these features are outlined in the 5.0 manual which is available for download on the Numark website (Virtual Vinyl is the same program just re-branded). Of or course you can just take the time to watch the video demo video on Virtual DJ website which shows all the formentioned features. OR, you could watch the video on Youtube. OR you could just download the free 20 day trial version. OR you could do an ounce of investigative research before spamming.

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 2:14 pm
lurchi2Home userMember since 2007
OK, i hope that there will be a Demo for the 5.0 Mac Version... If browsing in VDJ then is so fast and stable as in iTunes, i will be happy.
I looked the Video. But in Demo-Videos everyting is 100% working and totally functional! Presentations and ads are not the real life!

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 2:38 pm
As dizzyrocks2001 has stated, you will have all those features in VDJ (and Virtual Vinyl) 5.0 Mac that will be out very shortly.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

geposted Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 2:58 pm
pedroznHome userMember since 2007
lurchi

i miss exactly the same thing in the VDJ. I found out a solution to use the friendly itunes interface, you can right click the music, show in finder, then drop in the VDJ. look forward having the solution to the drag n drop from itunes to VDJ, I used to do that in PC version. they have to fix the dndrop and the missing artist names when you import your database. another thing that would be nice would be a function to clear the imported itunes playlists... when I want to import them again, they appear duplicated... tks

geposted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 7:14 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)