Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hardware Setup for 4 decks

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ewalwHome userMember since 2007
Hello alltogether!
(my english is not the best, please excuse)

I need some help from you for choosing the right setup for my use:

First of all i want to use VirtualDJ on my Laptop (Demo impressed me much). My notebook has usb and firewire connection, core2duo with 2GHz, 2GB RAM,...

I will use a second monitor in my setup because i want to use 3 or 4 decks (multi-instance) of VDJ, because the sampler is not enough for playing 2-3 tracks simultanious with extra vocals which i want to do sometimes.
Another point is that i have 2 Axis9 CD-Players (the originals with MIDI in/out --> can i use this for controlling VDJ in some way?) which i want to use in my setup too (primary for playing audio cd's but secondary (in the future) also for using timecode Cd's to use with VDJ).
Also i will use a external mixer.

So i want to have some tips from you what soundcard i should buy.

I thought that the NI audio8 will be great for me, what do you mean? there are 4 stereo-outputs and 4 stereo-inputs plus midi support (but i dont know how to combine this midi with axis9)

Thanks for your help!

geposted Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 5:08 pm
ewalw wrote :
Another point is that i have 2 Axis9 CD-Players (the originals with MIDI in/out --> can i use this for controlling VDJ in some way?) which i want to use in my setup too (primary for playing audio cd's but secondary (in the future) also for using timecode Cd's to use with VDJ).

The MIDI ports on the Axis 9 CD players are for controlling the Axis 9 with another MIDI controller or linking the two CD players together for beat locking. They do not send MIDI data when buttons are pressed, etc. so cannot be used to control VDJ.

The only way to use these CD players with VDJ is to use timecode CD's and a suitable ASIO soundcard such as Maya 44 USB.

geposted Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 9:22 pm
ewalwHome userMember since 2007
Thanks for the answer...

geposted Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 9:42 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)