Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Floating BPM with TC in 2.05

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Still not 100% happy with TC vinyl. Version 2.04 seemed perfect, but now in 2.05 I have the following problem. Just checking to see whether it is caused by my set-up or others have it too.

Each song that I play doesnt have a fixed BPM, but Float about half a point. For instance from 130.0 to 130.5.

Now it doesn't seem to effect mixing because I can set the other to the same float range and it mixes fine.

But it seems that the software corrects small changes. the problem occurs when I subtly manipulate the records to get them better in sync. It seems that VDJ sees it as a fluke and corrects it. Much like the dreaded Beatlock.

Anyone else noticed this? Or is it just my set up? Version 2.05 feels more like the way the Dvinyl TC handles (which is not so good). I am gonna test 2.04 some more and see if it really feels different.

On a different point I noticed that lately one in two times the system instead of having the beats close together has some gap in the display. This is doesnt matter to mixing, but is annoying in the display. Anyone have this?

geposted Tue 02 Nov 04 @ 11:31 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if you are professional don't use Beatlock - with turntables i haven't problems and yes the bpm floating ,,,

geposted Wed 03 Nov 04 @ 3:45 pm
ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Not using beatlock off course ;-). Just stating that moving from 2.04 to 2.05 felt as a kind of mini-beatlock was added to the TC code.

geposted Wed 03 Nov 04 @ 11:21 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I don't like this.

geposted Thu 04 Nov 04 @ 12:09 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)