Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound Set Up Advice

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello. I'm thinking of defecting from Traktor as it has too many glitches in the program. A friend of mine has Virtual DJ 5, but he's not really used it as he has struggled with sound card set up. I have the same soundcard, Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 sound card. When setting up there seems very limited options to choose from.
I tried it on mine and had same problems. In inputs i entered none, in outputs i'm choosing headphones option, in souncard i choose 4.1 sound card, then Audigy Sound Blaster 4.
Thats all the options i seem to get. Whether i choose front, rear or middle option i get same result. Nothing through the headphones and when i use crossfader, it never completely goes from one deck to the other, ie i can always hear both.
With Traktor, there was a more in depth set up, it still took me ages, but by trying different things i got there in the end. Here i haven't got any other choices to play with.
Am i just being thick?

geposted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 10:55 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try to set

inputs : none
outputs headphones
card : asio
driver : Audigy Sound Blaster 4.

then experiment with channels

be sure to set asio mode in the soundblaster software

geposted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 11:18 am
Cheers, I'll give it a go.

geposted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 11:25 am
Sorted, sometimes i am just thick.
One other question if thats ok. If you want to record a mix, but have to stop half way through, can it be saved and then returned to at the same point?

geposted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 11:04 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
no its live
if u have to stop make another file then use a audio editor like the free audacity to splice them to gether :)

geposted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 11:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)