Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: If i buy Virtual Vinyl tomorrow....

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

If i buy VV tomorrow....

1) I will be able to upgrade free of charge when version 5 is released for Mac ?

2) VV comes with a full Pro version of VDJ ?

3) I will not need my current external soundcard ? the new VV USB box is all i will need even if i am not using time code (just and external mi
xer and my computer)

4) I can use the software to mix using my external mixer and will not have to use the timecode vinyl or cds if i do not want to bring record players or cd players to a party?

5) Thank You!!!!

Regrads,

Rich

geposted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 1:45 am
To answer your questions...

1) Yes

2) Yes, sort of... well VV doesn't come with a full Pro version of VDJ becaues it IS the Pro version of VDJ. It's just VDJ re-branded by Numark so it's the exact same program. And VV is not a "light" version if that's what you're referring to, it has all the features.

3) Correctamundo

4) Yes. You can DJ by using just the software itself without any external controllers and still use your mixer's crossfader. And the beauty of VV is that you can assign pretty much any keyboard key to do pretty much any function within the program. For example, you can assign keys to do things like play, pause, cue, pitch bend, move the crossfader in whatever increments you desire, loop, samples, effects etc. etc. etc. So that way you at least have the tactile and responsive feel of pressing keys (which feels a lot more like a CD player) rather than fumble around with the trackpad. It's like the computer's keyboard becomes your own customizable CD controller.

5) No problem, let me know if you have any other questions.

geposted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 3:56 am
BTW, I forgot to mention, you can even leave your mixer and soundcard box at home because with VV you can connect to any mixer by using a "Y" adaptor from the laptop's headphone jack on one end and hooked up to 2 additional RCA splitters on the other end. VV allows you to configure your output so deck 1 is output to the red half of the "Y" adpater and deck 2 is white half (the additional RCA splitters simply allow you to patch into both the right & left input of each of the mixer's channels).

geposted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 4:11 am
Thanks for the info...

It helps a great deal. I will be buying VV next time I am in the city. You will see me on the forums as a registered user shortly. After reading the min requirements, it seems I will need to upgrade my computer as well. I have a powerbook g4 with 1.67 ghz power pC and 1.5 GB SDRAM. I can upgrade the RAM to 2 GB of course. Does this still fall below numarks min requirements due to the fact that I do not have intel duo core? It should also be noted that I am a beginner and do not scratch (much) and I, at this time, not really interested in video. I just play for friends at our little martini party shindigs. I have noticed however that my non-registered version (4.3) certainly falls apart (skips and crackles and when i hold or stop the cued deck it affects the live deck ETC..) after playing for an hour or so.

I will be buying the software regardless even if i have to upgrade my powerbook. it also should be noted that I would never be buying this if I never had the opportunity to play with the software in my current cracked version. In that light, piracy can at times be good for business. (I could not find a demo mac version to download)

Rich

geposted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 5:09 am
Glad to be of help. 1.5 GB of RAM should be fine but 1.67 GHz might be a bit low (the suggested minimum clock speed is 2.0 GHz or higher so you're not too far off). Mind you if you configure VV to run a bit faster in the sound setup menu by leaning more towards the performance side of the slider than the quality side then you should be ok but don't quote me. You might just not want to do anything too fancy like enable an effect, play a sample, create a loop and scratch all at the same time lol.

geposted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 5:19 am
cheers Dizzy! :)

R

geposted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 5:53 am
one more...

will version 5 for mac be compatible with the Power PC or will it only run on the newer duo core intel machines..??

thanks again Dizzyrocks

Rich

geposted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 5:56 am
It should run on either, it just might not run as smoothly on the Power PC.

geposted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 6:17 am
Yeah, you may be out of luck with the Powerbook. Before you make a bad investment why don't you wait for the release of the version 5 for Mac? I'm not sure if it's going to be able to handle Virtual Vinyl (VDJ). I seriously doubt it for video.

geposted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 5:28 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)