Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audio, but no video? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I am running V5.5 and it has been working fine, but when I tried to play video, I get the audio fine but no video. There has to be something I am missing here. Any suggestions.

geposted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 12:33 am
They are Mpeg4's and it is telling me that they are immpossible to open, what do I have to tweak.

geposted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 12:48 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 10:12 am
It is on my laptop, not so new, so it is probebly whatever that came with. But all I wanted to do is make sure the videos I got worked. I am not going to use that computer for video, but I use it to download and rip DVD's. And when it comes to these codec things, I don't understand what you are talking about, how do they work.

geposted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 5:41 pm
You need more codecs in order to decode some videos, what format you use to rip your videos.

geposted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 7:16 pm
I have been getting the promo onlys so they are vob, and the ones I have been getting off the internet are MP4.

geposted Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 9:44 pm

geposted Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 7:55 am
OK, i INSTALLED IT, NOW NOW WHAT SETTINGS DO I HAVE TO DO BECAUSE IT IS STILL NOT WORKING.

geposted Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 12:45 am
OK, now test the videos using mediaplayer, do they work OK in that?

geposted Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 2:46 am
I tried everything, no they did not. I tried that and regular video controller. Both would not even load the song, at least before the song loaded.

geposted Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 8:06 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jimspinnin

i could be wrong but it sounds like you have lost your video drivers, try a reinstall of those see if it helps...

Tayla

geposted Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 1:46 pm
That was next, AND the directx update. Then I'd be trying it with hardware acceleration enabled/disabled.

Do remember that vobs will not play natively with any windows codec, you can EITHER, install one on the dvd players (powerdvd/windvd etc) OrR there's a standalone codec, but you need to buy it, think it's about 9 us dollars or so.

geposted Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 5:55 pm
I downloaded the codec that they told me and installed it, but how the hell do you get it to show up in the drop down screen when you add or change a codec?

geposted Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 9:06 am
could you take a screenshot of what apears in your codec list please :)

geposted Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 10:32 am
jimspinnin wrote :
I downloaded the codec that they told me and installed it, but how the hell do you get it to show up in the drop down screen when you add or change a codec?

You don't. Windows XP just 'knows' when you've got the right codec. What I want you to do for the moment is this. Try playing the files ONLY in windows mediaplayer. NOT VDJ. It's a lot simpler to get you going in mediaplayer first and then move on to VDJ as generally, if it will play in mediaplayer it will play in VDJ we're just removing a variable.

Now tell me, are your video files ONLY in .mp4 and VOB?

Secondly, tray renaming one of your mp4 files to .avi does that work? If not, try renaming it to .divx does that work?

Also, can you please install this codec for me :-

http://www.divx.com/

It's the free one you want, when it gives you the option to install the player/converter etc select NO, you just want the codec.

Trust me, I WILL get this going for you, but I need you to work 'with' me on it.

geposted Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 2:08 pm
I have had the same problem ever since I inatslled V5, videos just do not work, they work in WM player, they evern with with VDJ4.3 but V5 just see the files as MP3's.

I have given up & gone back to 4.3 as I use the videos all the time & also for kareoke.

If anybody can help I would like to upgrade!!

I have got Vista Home Premium, don't know if that makes any difference

Chris

geposted Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 6:46 pm
Ok, heres the deal. I only have .Mp4's and Vob's. I tried to play the .mp4 in Windows media player and the player said that is does not recognize the extension, but is I hit yes to play it anyway, it will. I tried the rename thing and that does nothing. I downloaded and installed the divx codec. What shall I do now......

geposted Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 8:06 pm
Oh, and just to let you know the videos I have in .mp4 have a quick time logo on them and play fine in that.

geposted Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 8:12 pm
do you have quicktime video decoder in your vdj codec list try to select this

geposted Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 8:39 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
On the PC it's only an Audio decoder - Quicktime audio decoder

geposted Fri 02 Nov 07 @ 8:41 pm
77%