Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Time Code + Vista!!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi guys,
I have a macbook pro and I've been using serato for a while now. My biggest problem with Serato was the fact that I couldnt record with the program so I had to get a cable from my mixer to the line in on the laptop and record that way, but that hasnt worked for me.
So I started reading about Virtual DJ, as I had seen it on one of my friends' laptop before and I really liked the simple interface and depth of this software.
So I decided to use Boot camp, using my Leopard Disk and installed Vista Ultimate. I also downloaded to demo version from this website.
Now, the software and the timecode was working flawlessly yesterday.... this software literally made my day.
But today when I got home, I hooked my laptop and it gave me a sound card error... So I picked SL-1 from the config. menu but then I figured the two turntables on the screen are shaking. It was pretty odd, so I pressed the auto config from the timecode section and BAM.... my turntables are working backwards on the screen. I have to reverse my vinyls to play my music... and also the sound is pretty laggy and sometimes it slows down horribly.
Also, when I start the music, the pitch is all the down by like 7 notches or so... What gives??
And when I record my mixes, its like the crossfader's stuck in the middle and you could totally hear the other vinyl playing out loud as im trying to match the beats and all of that.
My setup works perfectly on ScratchLive... even on the Vista side!!

Would appreciate your help folks...

Dj Sepehr

geposted Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 7:34 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
are you using the SSL vinyl?

this currenrly has a few limitations with will be resolved soon by the release of a timecode plugin for SLL by a kind user who has been making it

in time options tick reverse stereo that should solve the back tracking

in perofmrnace options try to set autolatency and move the slider closer to fastest

is it any better?

geposted Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 9:33 am
The lag problem seems to be way better now... still sometimes the pitch changes but not as bad as before!!
my biggest issue is the recording part now... I wanna be able to record straight from my mixer/turntables.
So I figured I could just put the virtual crossfader in the middle and basically use my mixer crossfader but that's not really working... Is there an option that would let me fix that or am i missing something there??

Really appreciate your help... and thanks for your fast response.

geposted Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 9:48 am
in options dissable virtual djs crossfader

Crossfader : dissabled

this way you can just use your mixer

geposted Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 1:26 pm
I tried that... I still have the same problem... Everytime I listen to my recorded mixes, you could hear the other vinyl in the background as I was trying to match the beats or make a loop... etc. Its like the other turntable has to be stopped at all time so the sound doesnt interfere with the one thats already playing

geposted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 11:28 pm
ok go to your soundcard settings in windows , and mute the output of your line ins on the soundcard

geposted Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 11:36 pm
Sky you've been a great help sofar bro... I hate to be a pain but I still got the same problem.
Let me write my current setup, maybe im making a mistake somewhere...
On virtual DJ, I've picked 2 Timecoded vinyls and for I picked the Mixer and SL1.
For recording my mix, on the config menu, I've picked Mixer (not Line in... is this the problem???).
If I really have to use Line in, what do I exactly have to do.... Thanks mate

Really appreciate your help

geposted Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 12:00 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)