Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Possible setup?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

oner1Home userMember since 2007
Hi,

I have a bedroom setup for the last year or so, I have 2 CDJ200's and a few mixers lying around. Few questions

1. Is it possible to hook the CDJ200's up to VDJ. If so what extra hardware would be required if any

2. Will I be able to play normal CD's in the CDJ and see the track running across the screen like when I play files on my computer.

3. Will I see the pitch move on the screen as i move it on te CDJ.

4. Will the controls in VDJ such as Sync still work

5. Can I hook an external mixer up to my computer and have it interact with VDJ. If so any additional hardware required?

Thanks.

geposted Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 10:18 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes to everything. Question 5 you would need a midi mixer like the ecler Nuo4 to actually move the controls in VDJ. The extra hardware you'll need is an asio soundcard like the Maya 44 usb with 4 inputs and 4 outputs. There is a guide that is a sticky in this forum that shows how you would set it up. You'll also need to download the timecode and burn it on CD's.

geposted Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 9:15 pm
Thankyou djej for your reply very helpful :)

geposted Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 11:27 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You're welcome. I hope to see you as a full member soon.

geposted Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 11:40 pm
hola, mira yo estoy en ECUADOR y realmente los vinilos time codec no los consigo aca, mi pregunta es puedo comfigurar los time codec de stanton final scratch y como puedo hacerlo ya que en el pcdj vj copia del virtualdj tiene la opcion del pincky porfavor ayuda a un dj de aca gracias, por cierto tengo la hercules mk2 y la behringer bcd2000 que funcionan de maravilla
TIAGODJ PROMUSIC

geposted Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 1:41 am
Ok so I have the Maya44 setup with all the cables, but I have a few problems, I can't seam to get the normal audio CDs playing on the CDJ to show up in virtual DJ.

geposted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 10:58 pm
oner1 wrote :
Ok so I have the Maya44 setup with all the cables, but I have a few problems, I can't seam to get the normal audio CDs playing on the CDJ to show up in virtual DJ.

Normal audio cd's will not play from the CDJ through VDJ.

To control the music with the CDj you will need to download the TIMECODE mp3 from the download center and burn a timecoded cd.
Then you will be able to control the mp3's with your CDJ.

geposted Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 11:39 pm
djej said yes it would, as i asked in my 1st post question 2, if you don't know then plz dont answer djej it is really annoying. Marcel do you know any software that does that kind of thing? Where you can play CD's in the CDJ and interact with the music before it is going out (like add effects or beatmatch on the computer) then have the signal out to the mixer. Thx

geposted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 12:10 am
I do not know of any software that will do that for you other than the internal software programmed in the CDJ's

All the DJ software's out there use TIMECODE signals (binary code embeded in the vinal/cd)

How it works is - the cdj reads the timecoded signal, and the ASIO soundcard relays the signal to the computer, The DJ software receives the signal and allows you to beatmatch, add effects, scratch etc. Then sends it to your mixer from to same asio soudcard (that's why you need stereo in AND stereo out x2)

You still have to copy your cd's to your hard drive in the form of mp3's

geposted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 1:51 am
:( I was hoping there was a program that read the CDJ spinning audio CDs like a MIDI device and yet you play around with them :(

geposted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 2:19 am
Next problem I have is VDJ Reads the CD backwards, so when I play it in my CDJ the little red bar across the top of the screen runs backwards? I also have a humming sound coming through my system.

geposted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 2:21 am
Found out 1 of the problems, I didn't mute monitors in Maya44USBPanel, need to mute the Monitors In 1+2 In 3+4 to stop windows automatically putting all input from In1-4 to Out1-2.

geposted Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 3:49 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)