Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External HD got ejected by VDJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

webe3PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi got another problem tonight. This time it was with my laptop system. I was DJing for about 2 hrs when everything froze except for the song that was playing. I noticed that my external HD was gone in the VDJ menu and I got a popup that said 'delayed write failed'. I think it may be a USB issue...but I'm gonna check here 1st. Anyone else have this problem. The Laptop is a Dell Pent 4 2.3gig processor. I think it's fast enough for non-video work...Yes....no...? Anyhow I have been using it for about a year with no problems...till rev 4. I noticed that my CPU pegs at 100% when a song loads then it settles around 35 to 40%. The external HD is a Segate 500g that I put into an enclosure for use with this laptop. I do not have USB2 on this laptop only USB1 and Firewire. The enclosure does not have Firewire so I have to just use the USB. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks Mike

geposted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 9:40 am
webe3PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi there...I forgot to post that after the crash everything on my computer locked up....I mean everything. Finally after about 3 min the computer came back to it's senses and I was able to re-start VDJ but it did not reconigize the HD so I re-started VDJ again and this time I got everything to work and I was able to finish the night. Hope someone can help with some suggestions. Thanks Again...Mike

geposted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 7:29 pm
I Had the same problem with my external HD when using over USB1.1 solved the issue by buying a USB2 PCI card & now everything works great.
Tracks load much faster & sys. Is completely stable.

Hope this helps.

geposted Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 12:48 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
More times then not it is a cable problem. Just try replacing the USB cable and see what happens.

Chris

geposted Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 9:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)