Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help with various controllers and more!!!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi everyone,

I hope all is well. I have a hercules mk2 and I use the home edition of virtual dj that came with the mk2. I'm still deciding whether to upgrade to pro. Reason being is I also have the Pioneer CMX 5000 in a SKB case with a mixer. I djed a wedding this past weekend and used both my laptop and my cd players. I bought an audio switcher to switch from both the laptop and the cd players.

Here is the problem: I find that the mk2 is very small when mixing. I don't scratch but I like to beatmix. I downloaded some skins and applied them to virtual dj but in the middle of my gig, virtual dj would stop all of a sudden. I thus had to revert back to the default skin. Do you know why virtual dj stopped when I applied a different skin other than the default skin? It seems to work okay with the default skin. Another thing is that I tried to hook a mic into the mk2 but could not get anything out. Do you know what could be the problem?

I thus ended up using my pioneer cd players throughout the rest of my gig. I bought my laptop just for the mk2 and virtual dj. Don't get me wrong, virtual dj is an AWESOME dj program. I don't know if the herc mk2 is that good though.

I was reading a bit on the other controllers (such as the dmc2, numark's total control, timecode, the bcd3000, etc....). I was thinking of getting another controller but I don't know which one. If I get another controller, would it be compatible with Windows Vista as I have vista on my laptop. Also, how would I configure virtual dj to work with another controller other than the mk2 since I bought the mk2 that came with virtual dj?

Thanks for all of your help. You guys really are great!! I hope I can figure this out...if not..I'll just have to keep using my cd players....and the reason I got into djing was because of virtual dj and the digital revolution of djing....

Any or all help would be most helpful...thanks everyone!!

DJ Sindhicate

geposted Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 11:00 pm
I also have the MK2. I upgraded to pro and never looked back! It's so much more functional than home version, it'll make your head spin :D

I agree that things are just too close together on the MK2. It makes scratching a challenge, but not impossible, but it's GREAT for beatmixing ;)

The mic input on the MK2 is notorious for low volume. I don't use it at all. What I think you need to do in order to get anything from the mic is to go into your MK2 control panel in the system tray (next to the clock on taskbar) and switch from input 1/2 to microphone in the lower left corner.

Hope this helps!

geposted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 9:01 am
Hey thanks for the help!! I'll try that with the mic. Also, what do you think could be the problem with the skins as to why virtual dj just stops all of a sudden? This happenned to me this past weekend after I was mixing with a different skin for 10 minutes. I then had to revert back to the default skin.

Thanks,

DJ Sindhicate

geposted Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 11:16 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)