Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Some Question 'bout MacBook & Audio Hardware

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

RUDJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Guy's,

I would like 2 buy a MacBook 2,2 Ghz Intel Core Duo, 2 Go SDRAM, 120 Mo HD Serial ATA and i've a few questions 2 ask
I own a NUO4 Ecler with VTC + a Maya 44 USB and a DJ Control MP3 are they working good with Mac OS and VDJ ?

It will be my FIRST Mac !!!
Is it hard to understand the logical of Mac OS (Leopard), in particular 4 drivers & set up ?!

Thxs 4 your answers

rudj

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 6:52 am
I believe you're set-up will work fine, and as far as driver & set-up issues, they're either non-existent or a LOT easier to deal with on Macs than windows computers. Believe me, as a former predominantly windows network administrator for Xerox before I went to go work for Apple, I know windows as well as I know Mac. That's why I don't use windows unless absolutely necessary.

Unfortunately, I have to leave right now to go set-up for an all weekend gig, but one of our other helpful community members will be along shortly to help you out further (probably skyfxl). ;)

The specs you've posted are more than sufficient for audio mixing with VDJ (I see you've been a VDJ user since June of 2004) and since the new MacBooks that just got released have the MUCH better Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor, you'll probably be able to use VDJ's visual features as well (although I would HIGHLY recommend a MacBook Pro with a dedicated graphics card if video & visual mixing is what you are really looking to do).

Enjoy your new MacBook (when you get it... remember, you can always throw windows on it if you find you need to for any reason and have it run 100% natively) and WELCOME to the Mac community RUDJ!

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

P.S.
I'm not sure when you're planning to purchase your new MacBook, but if it's not until around mid-January, you may want to keep an eye on this:

Ultra-Portable MacBook Likely at Macworld San Francisco 2008?

"The new ultraportable MacBooks are rumored to be aluminum clad, 50% lighter and "strikingly slimmer" than the existing 15" MacBook Pros. They are also expected to incorporate NAND Flash memory to improve battery life and boot times."

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/11/30/ultra-portable-macbook-likely-at-macworld-san-francisco-2008/

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 11:27 am
RUDJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thxs 4 this ConQuest,

Not very easy 2 put a foot in a new world without a realy good experience ;-)
That's why I like this forum, lot of people who have lot of experience and simply share it

I don't want to use VDJ's visual features with Mac, only want to play music...I use to say "step by step", and I did'nt arrive yet at the "Level" Video Mixing.I only mix since 1998, my goal is to be better with vinyl and scratching

Well, I'll want 2 particularly thank U 4 the information about the Brand New Mac, but I had 2 do a choice now...nobody had 2 catch the Moon :-) !!!

Sys on Mac Community

geposted Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 7:27 am
RUDJ wrote :
I don't want to use VDJ's visual features with Mac, only want to play music...I use to say "step by step", and I did'nt arrive yet at the "Level" Video Mixing.I only mix since 1998, my goal is to be better with vinyl and scratching

I understand this belief, but remember that Mac users stay with Mac and windows users switch to Macs not only because of Mac OS X's securty (which actually comes in large part from being a, non-registry based UNIX OS) and reliability (Apple develops its OS specifically for it's own hardware configurations resulting in a much higher level of quality control between those 2 most important parts of ANY computer, which results in much higher stability and ultimately productivity for you because you're accomplishing things on a Mac as opposed to fixing things that are mostly out of your control on windows computers where the OS is generic and thrown onto any number of hardware configurations and usually gives the compatibility - or lack thereof - headaches to the end user), but ALSO because you can expect to keep your Mac 2-3X longer than a windows computer, 4-6 years as opposed to 2-3 respectively.

Mac computer's longevity comes mostly from the reasons I just stated. With that in mind, you might want to ask yourself whether you think you'll be adding visuals to your performances (which really isn't anymore difficult on our side despite how much greater the impact is for the event attendees and your customers) in the next 4-6 years. Most people, even at a more novice level than you (your 9 years of mixing isn't really considered novice) would probably say "yes".

RUDJ wrote :
Well, I'll want 2 particularly thank U 4 the information about the Brand New Mac, but I had 2 do a choice now...nobody had 2 catch the Moon :-) !!!

Sys on Mac Community

You're welcome RUDJ and enjoy!

geposted Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 1:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)