Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: total control or mk2?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hey everyone, just been looking at buying some form of controller to get along with virtualdj. the two i've been looking at are the mk2 and the numark totalcommander. i've seen lots of posts on here about the mk2, but not seen much about the totalcommander, which at first glance i thought looked better. whats everyones thoughts about the two? which is better, any recomendations? and do they both work properly with the newest version of virtual dj?

thanks in advance!

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 6:31 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Well first off the Numark Total Control is not a sound card. The Herc is AND a midi controller. It is a matter of taste/budget, so find someplace that has them and play with them a bit. Personally I prefer the Numark, but like I said its a matter of choice.

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 7:03 pm
hmm ok, what disadvantage will it be not being a soundcard? does that mean that you can't plug headphones directly into it? and would still need some sort of splitter or an extra soundcard to have headphones and the main mix? if thats the case what sort of price would an extra sound card be if its needed?

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 7:35 pm
Right,...no headphone input. For my desktop I bought a cheap second card for my headphones. and For my Lappy I use the DJ/io from Numark.

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 7:47 pm
so a cheap card is good enough? no special one is required to get it all working properly? i saw the DJ/io is quite expensive.

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 7:51 pm
yeah my second for this machine was 29 USD

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 8:04 pm
alright cool, thanks a lot for your help and advice. i thought from the start the totalcontrol had a better layout and stuff so i'll probably go with that one, is it easy to run with the newest virtualdj version? or do you just use the software with it (a modified version of virtualdj?)?

if anyone else has anything to say feel free.

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 8:12 pm
Not modified at all, same exact thing. The only difference is the logo in the corner while its playing.

geposted Fri 30 Nov 07 @ 8:23 pm
oh ok, i just saw screenshots, and noticed the decks on the screen looked different so i wasnt sure, and i've tried out some of the older versions of virtualdj and they dont read the mp3 tags very well, artists and stuff, so yeah was just hoping it would work with the newer version which reads them properly

geposted Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 11:18 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)