Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pitch Bend Problem

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

vgarciaHome userMember since 2007
Hey guys, I have virtual Dj 5 rev 5 Im runing an hp paviliion dv 6000 series with 2 gigs of ram, and my problem is that sometimes when i pitch bend, which is supposed to be temporary, it doesnt go back to the orignial pitch, i have it assigned as a shortcut and have the temporary box clicked, but even when i use the button on the skin, i stil have the same problem. I read some of the other forums but there seems to be no solution, there is an alternative to the pitch bend which is the nudge but it seems to make a funny noise when ever activated. So has any one found a solution?

geposted Sat 15 Dec 07 @ 2:42 am
korostHome userMember since 2007

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 2:34 pm
use v5.0 rev.6

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 2:35 pm
there is the same bug in the v5.0 rev. 6. :'(

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 2:39 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
what are you trying to accomplish? are you using it to correct tracks that start to slip in pitch or something else? nudge doesnt get 'activated', its an incremental value function. you tap it and it nudges. as per the second thread, use a nudge setting of lower value. its the same as pushing the platter on a turntable or cdj slightly.

personally, i set my nudge to +/- 128 because anything higher is too much and i need it to adjust ever-so-slightly.

its the fault of the dj not being able to ride a beatchmatch properly, not the software

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 11:50 pm
>its the fault of the dj not being able to ride a beatchmatch properly, not the software
of cousrse! ;)

well, i use pitch_bend function only for beat matchnig only and i have shortcuts like that
<sc key="f1" action="pitch_bend" chan="1" value="temporary -256" />
<sc key="f2" action="pitch_bend" chan="1" value="temporary -64" />
<sc key="f3" action="pitch_bend" chan="1" value="temporary +64" />
<sc key="f4" action="pitch_bend" chan="1" value="temporary +256" />
<sc key="f5" action="pitch_bend" chan="2" value="temporary -256" />
<sc key="f6" action="pitch_bend" chan="2" value="temporary -64" />
<sc key="f7" action="pitch_bend" chan="2" value="temporary +64" />
<sc key="f8" action="pitch_bend" chan="2" value="temporary +256" />

And sometimes when I push the button and release it, pitch (as speed) stays in the changed value. As if "temporary" parameter ceases to work. That's the problem.

Well, I don't guess that I can use nudge function for accurate beat matching. :) It solves my problem.
I understand that you use exactly so.

And my shortcuts will be like that
<sc key="f1" action="nudge" chan="1" value="-128" />

Thanks.

geposted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 1:20 am
ah, well you got it then... nudge is what you want. i guess if you know the pitch bend wheel on a synthesizer, one would expect that when you move the wheel, it comes back to original value. in this case it's not.

the confusion here may be that you are editting the xml file directly? if you look at the description from the keyboard shortcuts within vdj, it reads this which makes sense:

Add a value to the pitch without changing the display and the pitch slider. You can specify the step to increment or to decrement the pitch...

Obviously this implies a permanent change which you are experiencing. As you now know, nudge is what you want... :-)

geposted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 2:40 am
> the confusion here may be that you are editting the xml file directly?
yes, i am.

> Obviously this implies a permanent change which you are experiencing.
i have no question if changing of the pitch would be constant, but temporary pitch changing (in my shortcuts) works when I start the program and it doesn't when some time is over.

And another question: why some tracks (mp3) doesn't load into a deck completely but begining only?

geposted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 4:38 am

geposted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 4:55 am
goto the options tab and set maxload to 'always'

geposted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 5:37 am
>> 2 Paz75

tnanks for all.

geposted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 6:37 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)