Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Xponent Mapper Update... - Page: 11

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
So, just FYI, update so far:

1.21:

Implement touchpad effect control
Implement touchpad button effect control
Implement 2-stage flashing progress meters for track remaining warning
Fix problem with new beat detection slider
Fix problem with jogwheel which may cause deck to run at different speeds
Fix disabling of scratch mode whilst jogwheel held causing deck to stay held

Get your requests in asap!

geposted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 9:47 pm
I've fixed the drifting issue, and a problem with the beat detection slider too...

Sorry man is that what I was talking about with the beat sensitivity?

geposted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 10:33 pm
It would be useful if these two options:

could be activated/disactivated as the MIDI button is on/off :)

geposted Tue 16 Sep 08 @ 7:57 am
Supergazzo wrote :
It would be useful if these two options:

could be activated/disactivated as the MIDI button is on/off :)

The touchpad control will only work when the MIDI button is illuminated, otherwise it works as a mouse.

geposted Tue 16 Sep 08 @ 11:16 am
audio000 wrote :
Sorry man is that what I was talking about with the beat sensitivity?

Hopefully, I've been unable to replicate any issues on this version with either LEDs going mental, or LEDs not working... there was a small problem which resulted in the beat detection slider sometimes resetting to a rubbish value.

geposted Tue 16 Sep 08 @ 11:17 am
Hi Scott , hope to be in time..... I forgot to mention that i have always had a problem with the two sliders that control the pitch.Difficult to get them to hook on , generally non sensetive enough , hope you can do something , Best regards Paul

geposted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 3:41 am
I haven't compiled 1.21 for release yet, still waiting on feedback for anything else that needs to go into this. After this release, I hope to be able to leave this mapper for a bit to concentrate on other projects.

So if you have any suggestions get them in now!

Anyway pauljohn,

Do you mean when they are at different positions on the hardware, to where they actually are in Virtual DJ, and then my mapper requires you to go back to the VDJ value first?

geposted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 7:04 am
Hi Scott , no i'm not talking about the positions but when i need to adjust them they won't hook on , i have to do some heavy slider action to get them to react or to respond , hope i'm explaining myself , i think that they are not sensitive enough
Regards Paul

geposted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 7:23 am
Hi Scott! Thanks for the reply.
Sorry for my bad english but i have 2 or 3 suggestions to say, here is the first: what about using the Tk filter with the mouse pad of the controller? I can do this now, but it is a bit annoying because i need to keep the left button pressed with the arrow on the red dot.
And then, can you add the possibility to change the pages of browser, effect, sampler and record directly by 2 buttons (or a combo, of course)? Maybe the two arrows under the cue point 1 and 2... It would be great! Thanks a lot!

Regards Gazzo Dij!

geposted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 11:26 am
pauljohn wrote :
Hi Scott , no i'm not talking about the positions but when i need to adjust them they won't hook on , i have to do some heavy slider action to get them to react or to respond , hope i'm explaining myself , i think that they are not sensitive enough
Regards Paul

I'm sorry, no, I'm not understanding you :(

The only time the pitch sliders won't respond is when they are in a different position on the skin, to where they are on the xponent - this is the case if you use pitch reset in VDJ options, and you load a new song, for example. You then need to move the xponent pitch to match the skin to get it to hook up.

This stops accidental massive pitch changes, and is the same technique used by JPboggis in his mappers ;)

If anything the xponent pitch slider is too sensitive!

Supergazzo wrote :
Hi Scott! Thanks for the reply.
Sorry for my bad english but i have 2 or 3 suggestions to say, here is the first: what about using the Tk filter with the mouse pad of the controller? I can do this now, but it is a bit annoying because i need to keep the left button pressed with the arrow on the red dot.
And then, can you add the possibility to change the pages of browser, effect, sampler and record directly by 2 buttons (or a combo, of course)? Maybe the two arrows under the cue point 1 and 2... It would be great! Thanks a lot!

Regards Gazzo Dij!

On the new version, the mouse pad/buttons will control the first two parameters of an effect in MIDI mode, and act like a mouse out of MIDI mode. If the TK filter can't be controlled using the two rotary knobs on the VDJ skin, then I probably won't be able to control it either I'm afraid. I'll check later however.

I'll have a look at the browser/effect/sampler/record control. I can't say I'd ever looked if there was a shortcut to control this, but I will check later!

geposted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 12:18 pm
Sorry Scott , dififficult to explain i guess. One last try to explain myself..
Lets say i have the reset pitch activated , i load a new song and everything for the pitches is at zero.
At this point i want to use the slider but it has difficulty hooking up and therefore i must do a violent movement to get it linked , could it be a hardware error ?
Thanks Paul

geposted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 12:32 pm
Ah yes, thats the hookup. It's not a hardware error, you just need to get the pitch slider back to roughly 0%. Otherwise you'd move the slider, and the VDJ pitch would jump to wherever the slider is, potentially resulting in a huge pitch change.

geposted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 3:31 pm
OK, I've had a quick look, the Tk Filter has it's own GUI so can't be controlled by a VDJ plugin unless the author was to provide another method of controlling it. Would be pretty cool with the touchpad tho!

Also, I can't find a shortcut to switch between the browser/effect etc... tabs - if anyone knows there is one then let me know, but I can't see it!

Regards,

Scott

geposted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 3:46 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Also, I can't find a shortcut to switch between the browser/effect etc... tabs - if anyone knows there is one then let me know, but I can't see it!

Use system / menu shortcut to do this.

geposted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 6:20 pm
Perfect, thanks JP, added to mapper :)

geposted Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 6:48 am
Any more suggestions anyone?

geposted Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 6:58 am
i dont know the others but the bending whit the jog is to slow and i think it have a ery low value i used to like the old way, and another one the is not anymore a buttom 4 the video effect i used a lot

thank 4 the work and regards

geposted Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 3:34 am
You do know there is a slider in the plugin window that can adjust the pitch bend amounts don't you?

geposted Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 7:22 am
Is there any way to make the crossfade smoother then it is in the VDJ options?

Thanks man

geposted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 3:35 am
Elaborate please?

geposted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 2:00 pm
64%