Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: once again im stuck, and irritated!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

tekneekHome userMember since 2007
So i drove about an hour away from home in intense rain to get to guitar center and pick up a new DM1002 Numark Mixer.....got home tried to hook up my stanton t60's and hercules mk2 console to it and bam nothing happends,

i have the newest version of virtual dj, i have my stanton turntables runnin to my hercules console..the switch on the console is on Phone in....then i have a rca jack leading from the hercules output 1/2 to my mixers 1/2 input, for some reason my input has 2 1/2 inputs one doesnt say nothing over it and one says line over it....anyways for the switch on the back of my mixer i have phone selected....ive went to my hercules icon and selected to have external mixer used, then when i load a record it takes hella long, also when i spin i cant use the crossfader on my mixer

can someone draw a diagram and or also take a pic of what my system config should be on, its makin me mad since i woke up went straight to get this and now shit aint workin.....

geposted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 5:02 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
external mixer mode is a feature of the pro version , grab the latest demo to experiment or upgrade at a
discount.

geposted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 6:59 pm
i have version 5 im just trying to figure out why this shit aint workin, all i can do when everythings hooked up is listen to my track on my mixer if i slide the cross fader from a to b it still plays a, if i slide my headphone from a to b it lets me hear either a or b, but the crossfader part wont work, whats the matter with it is it the settings i have it on or do i need to go with serrato now? whats up!!

geposted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 7:31 pm
do you have the latest drivers from the hercules website , older-drivers can have preview issues.

you need to choose :

inputs : none
outputs : external mixer
card : mk2

channels 1/2 main 3/4 headphones

and enable external mixer mode in the mk2 software.

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 4:10 am
inputs none? how will my time code vinyls work?

seems like everytime i install updates then my hercules mk2 dont work, but ill try it again.......so if i install a update and select all the config settings as you put, my external channel mixer will work?? Cause when i had this hooked up last time, i could hear the tables in my headphone (sometimes sounded like it had to much base) and second when i would switch from tuner a to tuner b it would still only play tunner a unless i used the crossfader on the hercules console!!

im sorry for all the questions im just way to new to this stuff, ive wanted turntables since i was 6 now im 20 have a pair and am so amped to get them workin but so confused how to get it all working,,,,thanks so much for all your help so far!! :)

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 5:14 am

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 8:04 am
Ok so i updated my diver using the hercules updater and it downloaded and uninstalled the old files, then it told me plug in hercules mk2 console so i plugged it in when i do that the screen pops off...... but windows in the bottom right keeps poppin up with the message new hardware found and the subwindow pops up to install this driver insert the cd or have windows look for the program....anyways when this happends i always have to reinstall hercules mk2 onto my comp and then bam im back to square one all over again....

do i really need to update the driver to be able to use a external mixer? this is getting a little annoying i really want to figure this out so my mixer will work cause if it dont pan out in 4 weeks ill probably just go to serato, i hope not though cause then this will leave me with a bad impression towards virtual dj.

ive read the whole link that you foward me to, and ive tried all of that i select external mixer and etc yet still it aint goin well.....for some reason what happends is my turntables play in my headphones (with a shit load of bass)...when i try to use the crossfader on the external mixer it dont work, unless i use the crossfader on the hercules console then it switches over....hmmm ok so recap, i got both my turntables hooked to my hercules mixer input 1/2 and 3/4 and its on phono both turntables are grounded....and the hercules has two dual rca cables leading from hercules output 1/2 and 3/4 to my numark mixer....input 1/2 and 3/4....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Numark-DM1002X-MK2-Scratch-Mixer-102453370-i1155611.gc

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 4:00 pm
Hello again , Sorry to hear you are still having problems, are you running windows vista?

If so to install the hercules you need to make a modification to your User Accounts rights one of vistas more annoying features is that your acount is not defaultly an administrator which is needed
by most hardware to install.

1. Uninstall Virtual DJ

2. Uninstall Drivers

3. Reboot

4. Go to control pannel > users > user groups add your acount to the administrator group

5. Reboot

6. Reinstall the drivers

7. Reboot

8 . Install Virtual Dj

You cant use the numark mixer to control the software directy as its not a midi mixer , so go to options and disable the crossfader.

When the Driver is installed Correctly Deck 1 will be outputed on 1/2 outputs and 2 on 3/4.

The mk2 is a entry level card and has basic outputs and are like a 4.1 sound-card and the headphone jack uses channel 3/4 same as ouput 2 so you cant use the headphone jack in this mode you will need to use your mixers preview.

If you plan to be doing allot of scratching and fast actions with the time-codes you may want to think about investing in a higher quality sound-card , like the VV box , maya 44 usb or U46DJ or the SL1 box as the mk2 is not intended for hardcore use-age.

Hope that helps.

Please be aware when it is working , that the demo is limited to 5 minutes use at one time of the time-code the full version will let you use the whole record.

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 6:05 pm
ummm i dont think half of what you just wrote has to do with my setup, yeah i have md2 not the old numark one....i got a numark mixer if you click the link in my original post it has a pic and description of the channel master im trying to hook up to my hercules mk2.....i also aint running vista im still on xp...i have a dell inspiron 1150 laptop, man i just think this virtual dj stuff aint gona work...this is why i asked these questions before investing more money upon more money...so this way i new if it was gona work the way i alreaddy planed, everyone was like yeah sure of course, now here i am and everything is well you could buy this or this or this.....this is really sad!.....also for the last time i have virtual dj pro i just got to still post it in my profile, the reason i havent yet is if i cant get this shit workin im takin back this hercules console and sellin my copy of virtual dj to someone else.....because this is whorible that it aint workin like once planned!!!

I want to be able to hook up a external mixer, yet still be able to listen to track a or b through my external channel master...and be able to switch from a to b and use my external mixer.....

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 7:52 pm
ok so maybe this might help better.....heres a pic of the back of my hercukes console and my numark mixer as well! Ive been running a line from hercules output 1/2 and 3/4 to numarks channel mixer input 1/2 and 3/4......but for some reason only 1/2 plays??

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 9:19 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if you want to use time code vinyl this is what you do:
1. vdj config choose sound setup
2. select 2 timecodes input
3. select external mixer two channels
4. select asio drive
5. select hercules asio
6. click performance tab and experiment with the setings suitable to your computer
7. connect your turntables to your hercules inputs(make sure the back switch is set to phono)
8. connect your hercules outputs like this: out 1,2 to Numarks channel1 L,R line input; hercules out 3,4 to Numarks channel2 L,R line input(Numarks input switch set to line not phono)

geposted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 11:55 pm
ok so i hooked it up exactly the way you said, it played in my headphones(extremely low) but the only thing is the cross fader still didnt work.....in order for it to work i still had to use the Hercules cross fader....and yes i did select to use external mixer in the hercules system config so that aint the problem....i dont know im tired of tryin seems like every time i buy something it request something else that cost more money on more money...i think ill keep my virtual dj software but just get a serato time card.....and compare the two programs and see which one i like more....i thank yall for the help but man this has been a adventure, and i still aint even mixin yet :(

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 12:35 am
when you are using an external mixer you should have the vdj crossfader in the middle and go in to the hercules application click advanced tab and dissable hercules crossfader, then you are going to use only the mixer's crossfader which should have channels 1 and 2 assigned to the left and right side of the crossfader.
where did you plugged the headphones?
you should have them plugged in to the mixer and in order to hear anything you should do this
load a song in a vdj deck
press play in vdj:)
assign the left side of the fader to channel 1 and the right side to ch2
to hear the cue in the headphones you should push the cue button for the channel that is playing
also make sure the channel's gain on the mixer is turned up so you will get 0 db on the vumeter, also check if by the headphones you have a cue/master blend button, should be turned to the cue or in the middle if you want to hear the master out in the headphones
also the headphones volume mixer knob should be turned up.
also in hercules config application make sure that the volume sliders for ch1,2 and 3,4 are all the way up and the mute buttons are not engaged
if doesn't work you have a piece a faulty equipment like cables herc or mixer or headphones

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 2:04 am
for your mixer the 1002MKII
you do not have to assign channels to the fader
instead of a push cue button you do have a slider for the cue
you do have a blend button for the cue
check the kill buttons on vdj and on the mixer
check gain buttons on the vdj and the mixer and herc's config
check the master out of the vdj
check your phono/line switches on the mixer (front and back) to line and on the herc to phono
check the mute buttons on the herc's config

geposted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 2:29 am
thanks everyone for the input!

geposted Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 1:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)