Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: BPM Sync messes with my mix!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey all, new to virtual DJ but I'm loving it thus far.

I made a quick mix to try it out, and I liked the way it sounded, except for one problem. After I use the "SYNC" to beatsync the decks, and later in the song when I bring it down 1-2 BPM to its original BPM value, every so often the bassline skips or lurches. It's almost undetectable, but if you listen to the track when it's first loaded onto the deck, you can hear that the modified version (even though it's supposed to revert to normal) skips or lurches half a beat every so often.

I notice it every time and it's a sore thumb on my mix - anyone have suggestions for this?

geposted Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 3:04 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
not quite sure what you mean. let me try to recount this.

1) load deck a and play
2) load deck b and press sync
3) start mixing in
4) pitch deck a up?
5) press sync on deck b again?

not sure about the sequence you mean, but sync only works on one deck at a time. if you change the pitch on deck a while theyre both mixed and then press sync on the second deck when a bpm differential has occured, yes a lurching will happen so beck b catches up in tempo. thats natural.

one other thing that might happen is that if the little square box thingies under the waveform graphic are not aligned properly to the beat, using sync can mess up your mix quite royally. in the default skin there is an 'edit bpm' button which allows you to realign these. i find that many types of syncopated music are analyzed properly and often recorded vinyl also isnt totally accurate since the turntable doesnt spin 100% correctly and more frequently the problem, the vinyl is not cut perfectly.

geposted Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 12:45 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
R the keylock activated? hence when u try to move the pitch slider it create glitches or skipping effect after u sync with the other deck?

Sorry can't get what u trying to imply here.. ..

n wat version u using?

geposted Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 12:55 pm
Yeah the keylocks are on. Maybe that's causing some sort of problem.

I get the problem with the beat when I hit the "0" button on the pitch/BPM slider on the left and right. After I do that, it sounds like it skips 1/2 beat every so often.

geposted Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 8:37 pm
It's the keylocks!

God that helped - using 5.0, btw. If you use those sliders while the keylocks are on, it sounds bumpy.

geposted Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 8:39 pm
Try this in perfomances setting.

set the slider to fastest, untick both safe mode n overclock n latency use auto..

if that dun werk, pls post ur system specs.

geposted Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 11:13 pm
"R the keylock activated? hence when u try to move the pitch slider it create glitches or skipping effect after u sync with the other deck? "

Once I took those suckers off, the mix sounds clean and pure. That was the problem - geeze why are those keylocks there?

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 3:30 am
keylock are to lock the pitch when tempo was stretch so that it will not sound as chipmunks etc.

It is a problem with ur system. Btw have u try the settings n enable keylock again. Give it a try.

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 4:37 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)