Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 1 second video freeze, sound ok, then all ok

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hp laptop dual core 1.5ghz x 2 / 2gb mem, 256k vid nvidia, 5400 hdd,vista, all crap removed, aero, task etc off. auto latency, low quality. vdj 5rel6........ every 5 mins the video stops, like a still photo, for 1 sec then resumes just fine.audio plays through ok and it all is synched - annoying idas ?

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 7:19 pm
also, when the freeze is hapenning the cpu bar, that normally flickers, is also frozen but at a low setting, like 10%....then resumes flickering up and down after the freeze. not using a sound card - using on board realtek or laptop cradle to spdif digital out - it happens with both

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 7:21 pm
Sounds like it could be your drive spinning up, or something like that. That kinda thing happens when I'm ripping a CD at the same time I'm using VDJ. About a 1 sec pause right at the start of the rip. It's a SATA DVD-ROM. Not that it helps your situation, but I have that similar problem.

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 10:45 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Dave is by design is a 'pose" effect, lol:)

You just said that you got that machine to work video flawless

Dave my humble opinion is that VDJ does video, but for trouble free video you need more then the best laptop out there, impecable video files with a standard format mpeg4 or mpeg2, two super hdds(at least 16megs buffer at 7200rpm), stripped down windows(for example my lappy runns just 19 processes with vdj on and the card started and I do not do video) good ventilation (cooling pad), lots of gammer quality ram(4gb or more), a top qulity videocard with dedicated rambus memory, real fast processor, clean and stable power supply, etc
The only think in a laptop that comes close is Alienware or HP HDX

Then comes vista which suppose to be better with video, hmmm, if you google xp vs vista you will find some real benchmark tests that showes vista as a total looser, big time looser too so you can draw your own conclusions

geposted Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 11:21 pm
i thought it was running flawless, i had 'missed' these mini skips........i saw one the other day and investigated more. i switched vista to favor background and removed user accounts and it fixed it but then it introduced another problem where the music skips a beat on load of next song just when the name of the song appears on the deck - same as other posting this week below. i just removed my two 'fixes' and am re testing. I could return lappy and buy the HP DX. I have 2 desktops, need lappy for demos and 3rd back up = paranoid I know but thats me.
by the way, i'm not using a sound card - i'm using the hp dock station with spidf out - problem existed with or without dock Is the buffer size always quoted with the rpm ? what do you think of ibuypower.com i use their gamer desktop its a gaming machine from microcenter. i'm going to re-test but I think its working - they also sell laptops - i think they compete with alienware - corsair memory ec, all good stuff.

geposted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 7:20 am
ok, more hours fixing vdj !!!!!!!!! seems to be fixed, video plays with no skip and sound plays no skip on song change - i switched back to favor programs ( not background) and re-added "user accounts" ( these were my 2 changes to fix video skip that then introduced sound skip)..I then selected safe mode in vdj performance - so performance vdj is now 'fastest, zerolatency, safe checked, overclocked un checked - seems to work

geposted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 8:21 am
What do you have ticked in the config, video window?

geposted Sat 12 Jan 08 @ 6:08 pm
everything except plug in for audio only, using 2nd monitor for video output

geposted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 1:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)