Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Upgrading my video card...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

My current PC rig is running XP with an Intel 3.2mHz processor, 2GB RAM, two 500GB hard drives, and a 512MB video card. I've been meaning to upgrade my video card for a while now because the one I've been using is really getting outdated now:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=E145-7874

When I originally built this PC rig, I only needed basic video output. Now that I'm starting to use more and more video effects, I know it's time for an upgrade. I already ordered another 2GB of RAM to bump the memory up to a total of 4GB. The video card that I'm considering is the ATI Radeon 2600 XT X2:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3529982&CatId=2306

Does anyone have any comments or reviews on this model?
How about suggestions for any other video cards that might be a better alternative? (Please keep in mind that I'd like to stay under $500).

One question that I do have pertains to the video outputs--of which there are four DVI jacks and one S-video. If I use the S-video to send the signal to a plasma screen and one DVI for my monitor, can I use one of the other DVI outputs for a second monitor? The only reason I'm asking is because I run my lighting rig from a laptop using Elation Compuware. (PC-based DMX lighting control). I'd like to eliminate the laptop and simply use another monitor with my PC rig if possible. Will Virtual DJ allow me to do that?

geposted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 1:06 pm
Anyone?

geposted Mon 14 Jan 08 @ 9:57 am
Anyone?

geposted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 10:23 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
cant answer that as i dont do video. but in theory it sounds doable, but if you're running 3 outputs (2x monitor, 1x video) maybe thats going to tax your system alot for resources?

geposted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 10:33 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)