Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ over Boot Camp

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi All -
Been using an iMac with Virtual DJ on OSx 10.4.5 for a while now, and pretty happy... I've got a new scenario though.

I just got Martin Light Jockey which only works on PC platforms. I am also in the process of getting a new MacBook Pro (the lower end one - I don't do video at this point). I'm sorta thinking of running VDJ in Boot Camp with XP so that I can use all the great features of VDJ for windows and run Light Jockey at the same time... Am I crazy for thinking of this? So, theres two primary questions:

1. How is the stability of VDJ on Boot Camp by itself? Anyone using this solution?

2. Is the MacBook Pro quick enough to keep up with multiple applications while running XP via boot camp?

And, another question for the Mac maniacs out there - is the 2.4 GHz processor worth the extra $500 when compared to the 2.2GHz? How much faster is the machine? I need to make a profit too.... so is it worth while?

Thanks for your help!

geposted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 8:48 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1. it will be stable its running like it would on windows , do you intend to use video as the dvi to svideo output adaptor can have some problems with bootcamp

2. Yes it can keep up with many aplications infact supposedly the mac book pro can run windows better than a high spec pc laptop

You will get better results by increasing your ram and processor together , remember macs will last a long time so you are making an investment for the future.

geposted Mon 14 Jan 08 @ 6:45 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)