Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Strange freeze problem..

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok, this is the second or third time this happened. While virtual Dj is playing it has stopped in the middle of a song. It does not crash or give an error report. If I press Que it will go back to the beginning, but when I hit play, the play button will light up, but nothing else happens. Last night I was able to close out go back in and it worked the last half hour. Any ideas? This now makes me a little afaid to use it. I have windows XP, dual 2.2 proc., 2 gig or ram, external drive. This never happened before the last 2 weeks, and I never touched any settings or anything.

geposted Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 5:09 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
what sound card are you using? it looks like your soundcard has disengaged.

geposted Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 10:25 pm
Maybe the HDD needs defragmenting...worth a shot, especially if nothing has changed. You haven't installed anything recently?

geposted Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 10:32 pm
The hard drive is just music. I was using the DJ IO

geposted Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 2:32 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i doubt it has to do with data on the drive. the hardware has stopped working or the connection between vdj and the hardware has stopped working.

try these things next time it happens:

1) dont close vdj, but try playing a file in something like winamp (making sure your windows settings is using that device)
2) open the sound setup in vdj and switch to the onboard sound and close the window. repoen the window and switch back to the DJ IO.
3) close vdj and reopen

The above are not fixes, just tests to ascertain whats happening. My theory is that your hardware connection is lost and VDJ gets its legs cut out from underneath.

is your device powered with an external power supply or by the USB bus? its fairly well known that USB does a poor job of power management to it's connected devices.

do you have other usb devices connected? the usb bus can handle a limited bandwidth of data. when you exceed the data bus limit or power consumption of devices, the bus can easily reset which kicks all devices. this will definitley mess vdj up.

geposted Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 3:18 am
I never thought about the usb thing. Those night I had 4 usb thing connected. The mouse, hard drive, cooling pad and DJ IO. That could be it.

geposted Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 2:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)