Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Playing AVI files on MAC

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am having problems playing AVI files on V5 of VDJ for mac. I used to use the Windows Media Player decoder on PC instead of the internal video decoder. It shows that it loads and audio plays but no video. Any suggestions?

thanks!

Jeremy

geposted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 10:28 pm

Oh yeah, and I know for a fact that the AVIs that I'm trying to play were created using the 3ivx codec for Windows and I have installed the 3ivx codec pack for Mac. I would think that should fix it but it hasn't. But I am still pretty new to the video troubleshooting world so I could be way off hehe.

thanks for any help

Jeremy

geposted Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 10:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
.avi is a container for many types of file ,to my understanding 3ivx codec is a mpg based codec which can be decoded with software included in quick time so try changing .avi on Config > codecs to quicktime video decoder.

geposted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 7:34 am

nope, still not working. When I use the Quicktime Decoder I get an ERROR msg on load. But when I use the Internal Decoder it plays audio but no video. I'm pretty sure that when I installed 3ivx, it installed into Quicktime (but I still can't play these files with quicktime either - I get video but no sound hehe) Is there a way to install the 3ivx codec into the VDJ Internal Decoder?

thanks!
J

geposted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 7:41 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The internal video decoder will use codecs installed on your machine could you please try to play the same files in Quicktime player to check if this is a problem with your mac or VDJ

could you upload one of these videos for me to test ? to say www.mediafire.com and send me a link via private message.

geposted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 8:14 pm

sure thing. Actually Quicktime will play video only and no audio so it's kind of confusing hehe.

thanks for your help. I have an enormous collection of avi's using this codec so I really need this to work. It worked fine on PC VDJ using the WMP decoder.

sending you one of the avis now.

thanks

Jeremy

geposted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 8:56 pm

Correction... Now Quicktime is playing all my AVI files properly but VDJ is only playing audio with no video. when I switch the decoder to Quicktime I just get a straight up error.

geposted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 9:08 pm
can't play avi what is the formular

geposted Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 4:28 pm
3ivx codec allowed me to play the video only of my avi's in Quicktime. When using the Internal Video Decoder in Virtual DJ I can only hear the audio. I switched the avi player to quicktime
in Virtual DJ and got an error. I was able to play these avi's after installing the 3ivx codec on my PC, in Windows Media Player and in Virtual DJ when I changed the AVI player to
windows media player. I can burn the 50 meg avi onto a disc and mail to the Virtual DJ moderator, please provide an address if interested in testing to update your internal decoder to play these avi files.

geposted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 12:18 am

hehe, that's the exact same problem I'm having. I have sent a 3ivx AVI to Skyfxl, but not heard back yet. I know they are busy.

geposted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 6:59 am
Disc doctor II is the way to work around this right now, get the doctor from the 3ivx site and run a batch.
in preferences set the distination to desktop and watch what happens.
now you have created a movie avi file that vdj sees and play with no problem.
at this piont you might want to recompress it as a mpeg or what ever to save space that is the best option the file grows.
i can't render any more to anyone at this piont. after days of disappointment & constant error messages and sleepless nights.
keep pushing there is light down that tunnel. Remember a dj lives for the "wow" factor and an occasional applause.............

happy spinning

dj jay rockwell nyc bad boy of the beat
www.brasilsnightclub.com 12 year resident

geposted Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 2:37 am
I am currently using Cinematize 2 to rip DVD's. The only format that has worked for both audio and video on Virtual DJ has been MPEG-2. Can anyone suggest the best formats for audio and video for use on Virtual DJ for the best quality. Thanks.

geposted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 7:52 pm

Jacob - that sounds like a good idea if I only had a couple hundred AVI's but I have Thousands of AVI's so I can't just re encode my entire library.

geposted Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 10:17 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)