Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: help to setup turntable&VDJPro

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ifesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello sky,
i hope my issue falls under this topic... unlike you, as you can see, i have just VDJpro and TC vinyl. I have never successfull used my TCV... so as i read this article (and your blog on "untimate guide on controller"), i wonder if you can help me with making a list of what to consider and buy so that i can used my TCV... presently, i have the following;

-1 Time Code Vinyl
-Presonus firebox
-Virtual DJ pro
-2 channel mixer
-2 turntables
-macbook pro

please, what do i need? Do I need a Controller? Do I need;

-Numark Total Control
-Numark dj/io
-Numark Console
-MK2 Console
-Numark virtualvinyl

to play and scratch my mp3 via my TCV? Thanks

geposted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 9:38 pm
Hi all again,
i'm not sure what i said or did wrong in my last posting but i hope I can get some helpful response for guidiance or direction. please, i looked around the forum and this website then concluded that I need to get a NEW SOUND CARD VIRTUAL VINYL NUMARK and a controller DJ CONSOLE MK2 HERCULES to have a flawless setup with my turntables. PLEASE Am I correct with this conclusion?

however, i am confuse and uncertain... if i already have SOUNDCARD PRESONUS FIREBOX why get VIRTUALVINYL NUMARK? and if I have MIXER VESTAX PMC05PRO VCA why get CONSOLE MK2 HERCULES?

furthermore, i figure that if i am gonna spend some much on buying these stuffs, i migth as well buy the good stuffs hence from reading other forum, it seems I would need to get NU04 for video mixing. PLease, do I have to get both CONSOLE MK2 HERCULES and NU04? finally what is a mapper?

Guys as you can see I am confuse and not clear on what to do... please enligthen me with you wisdom. thanks.

ifes

geposted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 1:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there , basically you would require a audio interface like the presonous or virtual vinyl .

The benefit of Virtual Vinyl is that it is a very easy to use and configure sound card with ensured perfect results , you can use the presonous too if you use it as an agregate device.

another benefit of VV is that it is plug and play with no drivers needed for mac so if you have other DJS who need to use the interface you can make a quick swap and as there is no power adapter needed you can use it any where it aslo has a dedicated sampler channel unlike other cards.

Please note however vv box will only work with CUE/VIRTUAL DJ/ VIRTUAL VINYL and is not a full soundcard.

controllers are for controlling actions in the software , there are a wide range of products available but for you i think the best solution would be to get a nu04 midi mixer this would allow you to mix audio externally but still control all of the FX and loops , samples ect and aslo cross fade the video.

a mapper is a utility for changing natively supported controllers actions on the fly ie swapping play or pause or setting a button to an fx ect

If you would like more info , pm me your msn adress and we can chat there.

geposted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 2:05 pm
Hi ... yo! thanks for the response/advise .... so here\'s the deal, i\'m going for the NU04 but in the meantime can i use my presonus soundcard before getting VV? how do i make my presonus work on VDJ as an aggregate device? (i\'m not sure what an aggregate device is?) once more, please forgive my ignorance but you are saying \"the NU04 is a mixer, controller and a midi mixer\" correct? Thanks for doing this and all the support :)

NB
how do i pm you my msn address? (sorry i\'m new to this stuff)

geposted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 8:39 pm
You can use the firebox yes , Go to Applications > Utilities and run audio and midi setup.app

Now in this example i have used an mk2 but its the same method for the maya 44 usb and similar cards including the firebox.

Select the inputs and outputs of your card.

Then go to Audio Setup and choose these :

and then open time-code options , choose cd or vinyl as appropriate and press auto configure and it should now give you 100%

if not try to set auto-latency on preferences.

basically the nuo4 is a mixer with midi built in , all of these controllers use midi , so if a mixer has a midi option it means you can control the software (particularly the video )and mix externally with a real mixer.

To send over your Msn address click the envelope symbol by my name to compose a message.

geposted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 7:26 am
Hi, again thanks for all the support....
this is my setup with vestax, presonus and TCV including my aggregate setting...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2e5jgc4&s=3

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=10xvcht&s=3

Now using RCA-to-1/4(mono), i connected the Main_output(1&2) of the presonus to the Input PGM_1(Line_1) of vestax then output(3&4) to Input PGM_2(Line_2).
Next LINE_IN(3&4) presonus from Phono_out (turntable).
Now with everything powered up, i launched VDJ, in Config... selected INPUT single timecoded. IMMEDIATELY VDJ crashed... so i deleted com.virtualdj......plist and reinstalled several time but didn't help.
I am sorry but i don't know a better way to into include CrashReport Log:

I sent you a pm ... thanks again.... hopeful with more of your we can resolve this problem soon...

NB
I'm still going for the NU04

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 6:50 pm
Hello, please... forgive my persistence and lack of patience. what's your comment regarding my last post? diid u recieve my pm?

-ifes

geposted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 8:54 am
I have reported the issue to the development team and will contact you direct via msn to see if we can get you going later today.

geposted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 9:20 am
thanks man... looking forward

geposted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 10:56 am
howdy skyfxl,
i did receive your msn and added you... pls when do we get to chat about the crash problem... any news from the developers... as always thanks and i do appreicate the supports

geposted Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 7:25 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)