Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Serato Scratchlive and VDJ, Anyone got this running?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Just wondering if anyone here has got SSL and VDJ running together successfully?

Please let me know what your configuration is if you do because for the life of me,
I can't get it to work 100% to do some Video Djing.

Thanks.

LexXxus.

geposted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 9:34 am
Got it working...

*L

geposted Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 11:04 am
djfergHome userMember since 2008
How did you get it working?? I am keep losing signal.

Thanks for the help.

geposted Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 10:44 pm
The VDJ software see's the SSL box and all I have to do is bootup the software with the SSL box already plugged into the USB
and VDJ see's it in the Configuration menu under the audio config tab in the sound card feild. I was told by someone that
you have to start the SSL software first to enable the outputs on the SSL box but so far I have found that information to be
incorrect. The outputs are enabled from what I can see when the VDJ software is booted up and the SSL box is selected in the
"Sound Cards" feild.

Although the time coded vynil only works like Relative mode and you can't needle drop with it.
I was told there will be a plugin designed to fully support SSL TCV but only available to Pro Users.

I hope that helps a bit.

*L

geposted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 3:35 am
i will give that a try. I will let you know. Hope it works.

geposted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 12:26 pm
I tried it and i am still losing signal after about 20 minutes. Any other suggestions? Maybe another sound card. If so which one is best?

thanks again for the help.

geposted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 8:31 pm
I own the Rane SL1 as well and i confirm that it works directly (without starting up SL first), however i did not mix more then 20 mins with VDJ, will check this out.
What version of VDJ do you use ? Maybe this is cause you use a demo version or any other "special" one...

In fact the SL1 interface is one of the best solutions out there.

geposted Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 5:45 am
I am actually using CUE version 4.3 the Numark forums have been no help.

geposted Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 8:38 pm
Beings my target will be spinning with TCV I'm waiting for my vynil to get to my door. I just orderd it a few days
ago. I have burned the TCCD and tried it for a few minutes and it seems to work fine, but that was only for
a few minutes. Yes, I was using it to video mix and it did actually crash one time so I'm a little worried about that.
That was when I was using the video effects and transitions.
I really want to see how the vynil is going to perform. Yes I am using Version 5.0.7, it is a friend of mine and he is
letting me test it on my system before I buy it. I'm a professional Dj touring Asia so I have to say this clearly that
I can't be using software that is cracked or hacked, it's bad for my image and also illegal! I don't need any problems
beings this is my only job and source of income I do everything by the book. Not to mention I promote the products
on my website that I use.

*L

geposted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 9:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why not purchase Numark Virtual Vinyl or see if you can find a location which will let you demo it (you can find a list of dealers for your area on numark.com), that way you get a soundcard gariented to work with Cue /VDJ and a full copy of cue and gen 3 timecodes (Latest VDJ ones) and control cds included.

Its simple to configure you just insert the cd a small driver is copied to windows and your away to go , and on mac its just plug and play.

More info :

http://www.numark.com/virtualvinyl

What cartridges do you use? , the Ortofon Concorde Digitrack

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/carts_styli/ortofon/concorde_digitrack is a good one to use as it has been specialy modified to give a good clear timecode signal as well as increased quality on normal records , if you are loosing signal your cartidges may be failing.

You should aslo check if you have any hardware conflicting with the sl1 :

www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/change-irq-settings.htm

I would aslo advise if you are using Full Cue to upgrade to version 5 (contains many new and improved features) for free by adding your serial number here :
https://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html or upgrade at www.numark.com/cue

geposted Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 5:40 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@DJ Lexxus

If u right now in China.. i think u could get one in Hongkong..

If i not wrong, someone ard in the forum have managed get NVV from Hong Kong recently;)

geposted Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 5:50 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)