Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Reload Database

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

When you install VDJ 5+ for the first time it scans your current install folder for your database and cues etc.
I am currently running 4.3 for audio only gigs and 5.0 and above for video gigs. Most of the time I do audio only.
Is there away I can force VDJ 5+ to re-scan the old 4.3 database like it did once before.

Ross.

geposted Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 9:47 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
How is your music broken up ? Are they all on one harddrive ? Or are the Videos on 1 and the Audio on another ? What is the combination ?

geposted Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 10:35 pm
1 Drive
Subfolders:
Artists
Singles
Compilations
Videos
Downloads

All I want to do is make 5+ re-import the 4.3 database now and again cos for the most part I'm still using 4.3.
Will hopefully change this soon but I'm just not convinced yet.

Ross

geposted Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 10:48 pm
Anybody??

geposted Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 3:49 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry didn't get back with you. The import is a migration. It does it at install.

One suggestion would be that you could 'copy' your 4.x database and change the 1st line to the appropriate text for a v5 database. And rename it to the v5 file name. This would bring your audio stuff in. But the problem there is you only want your audio info. And doing a copy of the 4.x database would 'replace' the current v5 database info you video info with what ever is in the 4.3 database. So really you would need to manually edit merge the 2 which would not be fun.

Which I find it very interesting that you use v5 for the most intensive and demanding format - video. But for audio which is not as intensive you still use v4.3. Why is that ? IF you are comfortable with v5 for the more demanding format, why not move all over and be done with it ?

geposted Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 8:44 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)