Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Any Denon HC4500 users out tthere?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am sooo excited, I ordered my Denon HC4500s and the Denon 500 mixer. I should be getting them any day now. I just wanted to see if there were any other users out there that could possibly give me some pointers on setup or possible mappers that work well with VDJ.

I have been using the Hercules MKII since it came out and I am anxious to move to something a little more in the professional DJ side. Don't get me wrong I love my MKII and never had a problem with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Once i have everythig up and running and tested it, I will let you know everything I can about it. I have read through all the post about it on here but there is no real feed back on it.

geposted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 10:29 am
I'm working on a mapper for the HC4500, which should be available soon.

Make sure you update the firmware before using the HC4500 with VDJ, otherwise it may freeze on you. Visit Denon's website www.denondj.com to download the latest firmware.

For now, if you don't like the native mappings, you can MIDI map it using the general MIDI mapper, but the displays and LED's will not function if you do this.

geposted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 1:06 pm
I was reading that you were working on a mapper. I also read how everyone says you make good mappers. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Thanks for the advice. I would gather you currently have the 4500s right? if so, how do you like them or what are your dislikes as well.

geposted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 3:08 pm
I got the HC4500 last week. Checked it out live in the club this past week (Yeah, i got big balls)...Its a quality built controller as i have gone throgh 4 DAC3's, 1 DAC2 and 1 DMC2 in which i wore out the play and cue buttons. Guess you could say i dj hard. The HC4500 controller is great but....i miss the back beat feature and the ability to scratch feature that i had with the DMC2. I like the fact that this controller has effects buttons on it but I do not like the fact that it only works with your top three effects in which i have about 15 favorites that i would like to cycle through. The looping feature on the conroller is also very touchy as with all denon products....it will just take some getting used to. All in all, i like the controller but i think that I am also going to buy a new DMC2 to help with the features that i currently do not have with the HC4500.....But I will compliment Denon on this feature......you will never have a cleaner sound coming out of another piece of computer dj gear. After I switched to this unit, my sound quality has been virtually perfect. This passed weekend I DJ'ed with two other DJ's and I noticed a major diference in the sound quality....I am waiting for JPBoggis to work his magic with a mapper as I feel that with that additional tool, this controller will be unstoppable!!!!!! Rock on Denon and Rock on Virtual DJ.....

geposted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 8:47 pm
For some reason, the developers won't tell us what functions were mapped to what buttons in the "native" support... hopefully the boggis mapper will come out soon -- with some documentation.

geposted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 11:13 pm
WHAT??? No scratch with the HC-4500?
I have read in Denon´s forums that the scratch its great!!! (Maybe with other software)

Why cant scratch with VDJ?

geposted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 2:19 pm
You can scratch with the hc-4500 in native mode, no bother, with VDJ

applying very very light pressure pitch bends, and applying slightly more pressure puts you in scratch mode. to be honest its a little too sensitive if anything, I tend to use the middle 'nipple' (for want of a better) word to piitch bend.

I belive in the new mapper you will be able to alternate between pitch bend and scratch by pressing the jog mode button. (probably 1) pitch bend, 2) scratch, 3) pitch bend+scratch (depending on pressure). Possibly more options.

geposted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 5:50 am
I agree we need native support for the jog mode button, so that we can switch between scratch and cue.

Please Mr VDJ developer!

geposted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 6:59 am
Sounds like a good idea. I'm hopefully gonna get one of these soon. But just a quick thing if JPBoggis is reading. If you do go for a jog mode button, could it just have to two modes, jog and stratch. With the dmc2 i stopped doing spinbacks because I could never easily follow which mode the jogwheel was in (kept accidenctally searching when I wanted to be pitch bending, etc.) With the DAC3 it was nice and simple jog mode, then hold down cp for scratch mode- much easier to follow IMO.

geposted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 7:15 am
I just went from a Hercules MKII to a HC4500 /w a DN-X900 Mixer and a BU4500 dual cd drive! This setup with native support in VDJ is incredible, enough said. You won't be disappointed! I can't wait for the new mapper! There's so many unused buttons with VirtualDJ!

geposted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 10:32 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
Sounds like a good idea. I'm hopefully gonna get one of these soon. But just a quick thing if JPBoggis is reading. If you do go for a jog mode button, could it just have to two modes, jog and stratch. With the dmc2 i stopped doing spinbacks because I could never easily follow which mode the jogwheel was in (kept accidenctally searching when I wanted to be pitch bending, etc.) With the DAC3 it was nice and simple jog mode, then hold down cp for scratch mode- much easier to follow IMO.

The mapper has the following modes:

• Bend - Jogwheel always pitchbends (Scratches when song is paused for cueing.) Scratch can be forced by holding JOGMODE and moving the jogwheel.

• Scratch - Jogwheel pitchbends when touched lightly and scratches when pressed harder, similar to native support.

• Search - Rapid search through song.

• Param/Browse - Allows adjusting of effect parameters and file browsing using the jogwheel.

Any of these modes can be optionally disabled in user parameters, so you can have just Bend/Scratch if you want. In the latest version of my DMC-2 mapper, you can optionally disable jogwheel modes too.

The JOGMODE LED changes colour to indicate the current mode.

geposted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 12:09 pm
Ahhhhh...... glad to read that!....
Thanks to all, specially Teamers & Developers, Jpboggis, and Denon team.

geposted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 12:13 pm
Ahhh, thanks. Should have looked a bit more closely shouldn't I! The DMC's been sent back in for repair now (play buttons wore out, d'oh!) but I look forward to getting it back now.

geposted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 5:29 pm
Unreal! Those new features sound incredible! I'm extremely excited to see your work!

geposted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 10:07 am
Do we have an ETA yet? Extremely excited!

geposted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 4:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
officechris wrote :
Do we have an ETA yet? Extremely excited!

It will probably only be available to registered Professional users I'm afraid...

Regards,

Scott

geposted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 9:33 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)