Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Kalyway

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Anybody have any experience with installing Mac OS X on a PC? I currently have my HP dv9535nr running Leopard & I use it at gigs. It plays smoothly, running good. Only thing is sound is not there on my internal speakers. I only get sound when I use an external USB soundcard. So it works fine with my U46DJ & SL1.
Basically i'm looking for Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver for OS X. I know, I know, it's like wishing on a star but i've gotten pretty unexpected answers on this forum.
I'll tell you this though. Once you go Mac, you never go back. I'm definetely getting a Mac Book Pro when the funds accumulate.

Also, where does OS X store audio drivers? Pardon me, I'm new to OS X.

geposted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 5:30 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I believe they are kext files (kernel extension):

/System/Library/Extensions/

Last I checked the Realtek HD Audio was sort of working, but it greatly depended on various things.

Have a look at AppleHDA, for example:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

geposted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 6:14 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Beware installing mac osx on a pc is about as safe and stable as 400 sticks of tnt in a gas plant unexpected things may ocur.

You definately want to get a macbook pro , if a card is adressable by osx it will be automaticaly loaded by core audio with the CORE audio driver.

If not you will A need to make your own or B , use a file created like shown on the link above.

geposted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 6:21 am
Wonderful, thanks.
I'm going to try to get this to work before shelling out $2900. I'm telling you, i've never seen VDJ work sooo smooth on this laptop. I don't know if you remember, but I was getting crazy skips when running Vista. I guess the OS is built for multimedia.

At first the graphics card wouldn't work. But I got a patch & it's fine now. It's only a matter of time & digging & I'm sure the sound will work.

I have a Mac Book Pro for $1200. :)

geposted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 6:55 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Mantahoe wrote :

You are sadly mistaken. What you have is a plastic pc hacked to run osx. Mac's are more the OS. They are made from the best components that work well together. Not to the lowest bidder like other laptops. Once you have a "real" Mac you'll understand and see how laughable it us to hack a pc to run osx. Reminds me of those fiero to lamborghini conversion kits they used to sell. Looks like a Lamborghini on the outside but is still a Fiero.

geposted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 9:32 am
DJ Cyder wrote :
Mantahoe wrote :

Looks like a Lamborghini on the outside but is still a Fiero.

More like looks like a PC but runs like a Mac. Don't feel bad for spending your hard earned cash & I have the same thing for $1200. Anyway, if you have money, u shouldn't feel bad. Enjoy.

Your opinion doesn't really matter. Let me enjoy. If u think I'm stupid for not spending money I don't have, by all means keep your opinion to yourself. If u can't help with this post, just don't post. It's that easy. You actually went out of your way to look for that Lamborghini. Man you're one funny dude.

geposted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 2:37 pm
I do enjoy my mac at every gig, here it is at home for some tweaks. I didn't think or say you were stupid. I just think coming to the mac forum where people come to talk about their real macs with a pc that thinks its a mac is questionable thats all. Not to mention how many 1000's of real mac users you just insulted.

geposted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 2:46 pm
I don't mean to offend anyone but the only way to have a mac that works exactly like a mac should is to purchase one, not make one out of other pc parts i'm afraid or we would all do it. And i doubt there are many who have spent what is quite a lot of money for a real mac and regretted it since doing so. They are the future! just look in almost any dj box.

geposted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 2:49 pm
Mantahoe wrote :

I'll tell you this though. Once you go Mac, you never go back. I'm definetely getting a Mac Book Pro when the funds accumulate.

I said this @ the beginning of my post. So you guys preaching here about the wrongs isn't really the point of this post.

geposted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 3:54 pm

geposted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 5:17 pm
I use a fast track pro here with no issues.

geposted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 5:22 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I believe they are kext files (kernel extension):

/System/Library/Extensions/

Last I checked the Realtek HD Audio was sort of working, but it greatly depended on various things.

Have a look at AppleHDA, for example:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

Thanks man. Finally got my sound working thanks to a patch from Taruga.

geposted Sat 08 Mar 08 @ 6:17 pm
Does Time Machine back up everything on the computer? Basically I have 2 partitions of 110GB each. 1st Partition is where I installed the OS & the 2nd partition only has My Music. If I use time machine, will it back up both partitions? I'm backing up on an external usb drive.

geposted Sun 09 Mar 08 @ 7:38 pm
it will backup everything on your internal drives you can adjust this on config.

I do hope you have a retail copy though as non retail versions can have some strange backup issues.

geposted Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 4:17 am
skyfxl wrote :

I do hope you have a retail copy though as non retail versions can have some strange backup issues.

Thanks. Could you provide a link that talks about that so I can see what you mean. (Some of the Issues)

geposted Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 9:39 am
?

geposted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 5:05 am
Ok, so I got a Mc Book Pro today. The hackintosh convinced me.

geposted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 1:31 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Kewl...Welcome as "full" mac user Mantahoe..hehe;)

geposted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 3:13 pm
Thanks. I'm just wondering why I've been using windows all this time. No regrets at all with shelling $2499.

geposted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 3:20 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)