Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New With Mac and Need Help (Please!!)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just purchased a MacBook Pro (2.5 duo, 2gb, 250gb, 512mb Nvidia 8600). Here is my question. I am wanting to run Virtual on my bootcamp (XP Home) partition so that I can use my AVI files. I have the bootcamp as a FAT 32 so that I can share info with my Mac partition. I need an adaptor that goes from the DVI to video (S-video and/or composite) mainly S-Video. I purchased the adaptor from the Mac store and it works great on the Mac side but nothing on the Windows. Any suggestions for a good adaptor that is just plug and play and does not need a bunch of adjustments to look good.

I love the performance and would like to use this computer but video is huge for me.

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. These Macs are cool!!!

geposted Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 2:36 pm
Hi...what version of vdj r u using? I was unaware that avi files didn't play in current version. I played a small avi file (wasn't a music video) but it played.

geposted Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 8:16 pm
I use the 3ivx codec and I figured from reading other posts that it will not play in the Mac version. I just have too many videos to convert them again, since it does work on the pc version. I am using 5.0 7

geposted Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 9:25 pm
You mentioned that you read...have you actually tried ur files yet? sorry if that seemed like a dumb question but you didn't mention you actually tried.

geposted Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 9:31 pm
No, I actually had not. I will try installing the Mac software version and see what happens. On another note can you use the gigaport and iCdx with the Mac version?

Thanks,
Chris

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 8:58 am
Okay, I cannot use the Mac version because all of my external harddrives are NTFS and I cannot write to them to update the database. So back to a video adaptor that will work. Any other ideas would be great.

Thanks,
Chris

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 1:06 pm
One more thing, are there any asio drivers for the gigaport ag for Mac Os X? I could not find them on the ESI website or googling it.

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 1:08 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
chansin wrote :
Okay, I cannot use the Mac version because all of my external harddrives are NTFS and I cannot write to them to update the database. So back to a video adaptor that will work. Any other ideas would be great.

Thanks,
Chris

VDJ 5.07 can read and write to NTFS

so can osx 10.3+

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 3:24 pm
chansin wrote :
One more thing, are there any asio drivers for the gigaport ag for Mac Os X? I could not find them on the ESI website or googling it.

Asio doesnt exist for mac its core audio , if the main os picks it up in audio and midi setup applications > utilitys > audio midi setup you should be ok

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 3:25 pm
chansin wrote :
No, I actually had not. I will try installing the Mac software version and see what happens. On another note can you use the gigaport and iCdx with the Mac version?

Thanks,
Chris

The ICDX works fine.

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 3:26 pm
VDJ 5.07 can read and write to NTFS

so can osx 10.3+

I have not tried it but when I select file info on the drive from the Mac os I get that permissions are read only. Am I doing something wrong or will VDJ write to the external NTFS drive even though it says read only?

Thanks,
Chris

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 9:24 pm
In finder get info on that drive and manualy change the permision for the drive to Read and Write

geposted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 4:45 am
I cannot change the permissions on my NTFS drive, it does not have that option. I am missing something?

Thanks,
Chris

geposted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 12:05 pm
Okay, once I started VDJ the drive then became able to read / write. Now, my gigaport shows up but all of my music plays through channels
1 & 2 on the gigaport. In settings I have Driver 1 as gigaport ag and driver 2 as the same. The I have player 1 to left deck and 2 to right. Any ideas?

Also, loading a song is very slow, compared to the PC version.

Thanks,
Chris

geposted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 2:24 pm

geposted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 3:40 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)