Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Importing Version 3 database to V5

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DjslipHome userMember since 2008
I see that Version 5 saves cues and BPMs in a different manner to version 3. If I upgrade to version 5, will I lose all my stored cues and BPMs? Or is there a way of importing the old info into the new database? It looks as if they are saved in a different format. Can someone give me some words of wisdom, because I am considering getting Numark Total Control, which does not support good old version 3 and not being able to transfer my old database will take me months to get back to square one. IS there an easier way?

Thanks

geposted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 8:24 pm
Sorry peeps, to clarify, maybe I should be asking, is there a way of transferring VDJ 3 databse to CUE version 5?

Slip

geposted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 8:26 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Its not possible to migrate between demo versions no.

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 5:55 am
Thanks. Oh well, I guess the next step is to get CUE pro and start from scratch. Thanks for the advice. Is Numark Total Control the most user friendly all in one controller or is there something better out there?

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 5:48 pm
Sorry for all the questions, but before I buy this set up, can you confirm that if I got the Numark Total Control, when you load a track on the other side of the deck and it naturally matches the BPM value, does this happen with the Total Control, or do you have to manipulate the pitch manually on the mixer?

geposted Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 5:52 pm
It is quite easy to use yes, be aware you would need a sound card like the DJ.io too , so for a best price buy the TOTAL COMPUTER DJ from numark

Includes Full CUE , TC and DJ.io

The automatching is a feature of FULL cue and can be set in config.

Kind Regards

Simon

geposted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 4:41 am
Simon - Thanks so much for the advice. So tricky buying something you can't see or test, so I really appreciate taking the time to make up my mind. Thanks again

geposted Fri 14 Mar 08 @ 3:51 pm
Simon,

The CUE software included... is that all the software I need with the package, or will I have to get an additional PRO addition?

geposted Fri 14 Mar 08 @ 4:02 pm
The reason why I enquired about being able to have the auto BPM loaded on the total control, was that I read in previous forums that people were complaining that they were unable to load the exact BPM to the decimal point as the pitch slide control was not sensitive enough.
So I understand it is possible with the total control, to drop the next song and have the BPM automatically reccognised and beatmatched, and not have to manually control the pitch? (With CUE ver 5)

geposted Fri 14 Mar 08 @ 5:54 pm
Djslip wrote :
Simon,

The CUE software included... is that all the software I need with the package, or will I have to get an additional PRO addition?

You get LE and a copy of PRO.

So if you get a Nu mark Total Computer DJ package you get all the hardware and software you need to start out.

geposted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 8:00 pm
Thank you.

Final question.. I promise !!
Is there anything more you can do in the settings to minimize the chipmunk sound, or is that little lock button the best it gets?

geposted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 9:21 pm
Well you have the keylock as you described which will hold your music in key this is very powerful its not wise to beat mix tracks with to much of a gap in bpm with any medium.

geposted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 9:28 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)