Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Broadcasting... WTF?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hey guys, im in a pickle and wondering if you can help...

i want to broadcast on VDJ using my computer, not a server. i start it, it says the server is running, listeners can tune in by going here ***.***.***.***:8000/VirtualDJ.mp3 (and also tried it with .ogg), people go to the link, and it either says the page can not be displayed or if they put it into winamp URL, it says connecting then times out.

i thought it was my firewall, right? well i turned it off, but still no different. the person who knows the most about computers in our house reckons it the actual 'modem firewall' or something... i dunno whats going on, can anyone help?

----

also tried to set up a connection through a shoutcast server, and i used Ph4nt0m's broadcasting help blog (http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/DJ%20Ph4nt0m/blog2420.html) to help me, i downloaded and installed what he says to download and install, shoutcast, but when i open it, it opens with a black screen and just words... kinda like what it looks like in a computer startup. how am i supposed to "click the edit config button at the top of the server window" with a black box with only words?

anyway i have spent hours on trying to get this to work, i would LOVE some help! :)

Skedd

geposted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 4:18 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 5:15 am
thanks SpinnaJ, ill check it out, but enough is enough for tonight, or ill end up kicking the computer screen in!
ill give it a go tomorrow :)

geposted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 5:38 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
are you connecting to vdj from the same machine or another machine? if so, where?

there are two firewalls to deal with usually. one on the machine itself and one in the house usually between the wall socket you get internet from and the machines connected to it.

firewalls mostly deal with inbound connections. so you need to check your windows firewall and open the port up there (not program). if you use 8000, then open it up.

always test something locally first before moving on. so connect with winamp on the same machine that it's broadcasting from.

start from there and report back.

geposted Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 10:10 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)