Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: New Skin - whats important what not ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

MaXuSHome userMember since 2004
Hi

Atm im creating a skin - from scratch (just photoshop art) containing allready over 1000 layers 400 MB big in memory and the resolution will be 1280x1024. You can see a preview at

http://ruler.student.utwente.nl/skin.jpg

Now here you see a 2 players and the centre panel is reserved for mixer - but how to make the mixer work - i was thinking like

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=6088&taxonomy_id=44-74

where a touchscreen in center can be very versatile. My aim is to create a usefull skin that looks plain and simple and that you dont get lost in all the 1000 buttons on your screen - hence my skin has allready made a seperation in players and the mixer in centre. So all regarding to the song (looping scratching cue fx etc ) will be only at the player while whole volume editting samples etc will be on the mixer in the centre - like you normally would find at the real hardware machines. Normally those machines arent equiped with 100000 buttons with all their functions on it ;)

Now my major problem is just to count pixels ... somehow im sometimes busy for hours to just align 1 button. So far much allready does work of what i have drawn. Perhaps someone with a simple solution how to get areas or coordinates extracted fast/simple to speed up my progress ?

also where could i read more bout the skinning options of V-dj ? especially the

geposted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 6:52 pm
-- hmmm for some reason not all my text got posted - if a moderator could merge my post into 1 , tnx --
where could i read more bout the text - format ... like i dont get the syntax 2,%..something ... or more usefull tips bout skinning ?

And last question - if you have any suggestions , comments , feel , ideas free to post them ;)

geposted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 7:01 pm
Skin looks good so far Maxus and as a bonus it's 1280x1024

I quite like the idea of a skin without a mixer.

You seem to be really good at the artwork, want to help me draw mine lol.

geposted Tue 14 Dec 04 @ 9:30 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
wow hope to see a 1024x768 one too...

geposted Wed 15 Dec 04 @ 2:16 am
For the time being the first submission will be 1280 only - making the image smaller to a 1024 768 will make the text unreadable.

geposted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 9:44 am
1280x800 would be nice!
we need some more choices in that res.
Right now there are only 2 available.

geposted Thu 16 Dec 04 @ 10:46 am
Atm i have stalled my devellopment in the skin - As i try to solve this skin resolution problem ... Most skins are being made out of 1 picture , though i have seen much is possible.
This with thoughts like: You can make diffrent backgrounds in resolutions. And just put ALL the buttons in up down selected state below the background picture.
With this you can simply place the buttons anywhere on the background you want. For diffrent resolutions you can use the big picture for even smaller resolution.
Is that an idea to solve the resolution problems ?

Also what i wonder is this:
Normally ppl use the selection button on their vdj ? to listen to their working panel.
But is that needed ?

What i mean is : there is also a headphone_mixer ... where you can crossfade between panel 1 and 2 (or listen to both mith fader in its centre) In my opinion this is what i prefer and seem more logic in usage over the hardselect panel 1 or 2. What do you think?

geposted Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 2:37 pm
i meant not headphone_mix (where you choose a % of the non working panel to hear)... i meant headphone_crossfader.

geposted Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 2:40 pm
DJ Ross M: “I quite like the idea of a skin without a mixer.”

I do too; most DJ's use their own mixers. I think the center area that's reserved for the mixer should contain a vertical waveform display. The waveform for each player (desk) could oppose each other. It would look something like this:

Left Player waveform <
Right Player waveform >
CBG’s[]

< [][] >
< [][] >
< [][] >
< [][] >
< [][] >

OO

geposted Fri 17 Dec 04 @ 3:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)