Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Small delay or skip (hiccup) - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I searched posts and couldn't find anything on this one.
When I load a song (while a song is playing), i'm experiencing a small skip or hiccup about 5 or 6 seconds after I load the song and start trying
to synch it up. If I just load the song and do nothing with it, the hiccup doesn't happen but as soon as I start cueing it up and working with the file it does this
little hiccup thing...only once but it's at the beginning so it's really annoying.
This has been happening ever since last release and I thought i could deal with it but it's becoming a pain when I have to quickly
synch something up...anyone having these problems?

geposted Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 10:25 pm
I get something like that if i use the synch button. If i lock it on...it really acts up. The tracks drag and skip around alot.

geposted Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 7:26 am
I noticed that after changing the mp3 codec setting from default to quicktime audio it caused tracks to stutter near the start as if certain parts the tempo had been doubled then back to normal but it causes the music to loose sync. I have changed it back to avoid this happening but when it's set to default you get the screen freeze problem back instead.

Steve.

geposted Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 12:14 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What Latency setting are you using?

geposted Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 12:20 pm
If you meant me sky, i am using latency set at 2ms as it works perfectly and that's what the latency checker plug-in suggested too.

geposted Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 7:21 am
fastest on the slider and auto....sky, so i take it this isn't happening on ur machine.

geposted Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 9:09 am
No but i keep my machine clinically clean so there is no opportunity for other applications from interrupting my setup.

geposted Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 10:22 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
skyfxl wrote :
No but i keep my machine clinically clean so there is no opportunity for other applications from interrupting my setup.

Same here.

geposted Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 11:25 am

geposted Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 12:01 pm
ok...well this problem is definetly happening right at 20 seconds...so, playing a song on deck A or B then loading a song on the opposite deck and trying to mix the song.
please see if you can duplicate this. it is a small "glitch" or "skip" but it's noticeable and a pain in the rear. It will throw off the synch.

geposted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 11:15 pm
LocutosPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The problem is with virtual DJ! If you have a MAC don't use this software!!! It isn't perfect!

The pc version is great!

Skyfxl will try to solve this problem with enumerous tips... not even one work! Believe me I tried it all! He says the problme it's related to the internal soundcard!

By the way I have a Macbook pro 2.4 with 2GHz of RAM

geposted Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 2:22 pm
I am also having alot of problems and i went for another 500 for the VV box. I now sometimes get the pinwheel of death....when loading a track for the first time. I have to force shut the comp. down in the middle of what could be a set. The channels are also getting switched up... when i start. I have to conf. this thig like crazy. The pc program does work good. The mac for me has not been stable enough for live use. I have alittle under a grand in this thing already.

geposted Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 4:04 pm
ok..update...this skip is also happening while in automix mode...but now it's more like at 25 seconds into the song...this is weird...anybody having this problem so that i know
its not my install of the software?

geposted Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 11:57 pm
I too have ben experiencing "skips" (on new macbook pro) like if there was a bad connection somewhere along the line. It happened randomly while live, but when I
booted up my old laptop for standby the new laptop worked without any issues (can't figure that one out).
At the time I had AirPort switched on. I don't know if this was a problem or not as I was freaking out so much that I must have pressed every button in the hope of getting
a clean output...
Sky can you please help us MAC users????

geposted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 7:12 am
Well that might be the problem right there. According to the thread somewhere on this forum on how to tweak your Mac to run VDJ at it's best one of the items is make sure your Airport is de-activated.

geposted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 8:36 am
partysmartly wrote :
I too have ben experiencing "skips" (on new macbook pro) like if there was a bad connection somewhere along the line. It happened randomly while live, but when I
booted up my old laptop for standby the new laptop worked without any issues (can't figure that one out).
At the time I had AirPort switched on. I don't know if this was a problem or not as I was freaking out so much that I must have pressed every button in the hope of getting
a clean output...

What soundcard are you using?

Have you tried autolatency on Config > Performances ?

geposted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 1:39 pm
djwizard1 wrote :
ok..update...this skip is also happening while in automix mode...but now it's more like at 25 seconds into the song...this is weird...anybody having this problem so that i know
its not my install of the software?

Which automix mode? What format of files?

geposted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 1:40 pm
Locutos wrote :
The problem is with virtual DJ! If you have a MAC don't use this software!!! It isn't perfect!

The pc version is great!

Skyfxl will try to solve this problem with enumerous tips... not even one work! Believe me I tried it all! He says the problme it's related to the internal soundcard!

By the way I have a Macbook pro 2.4 with 2GHz of RAM

You use a poor internal card not intended to purpose , you get poor results simple as that.

The card cannot take lower latencies it was never designed to do so , this is a main reason that people use audio interfaces on mac for professional use.

Why not find a store and demo a DJ.io or another card you will notice an increase in performance.

Im not obligated to try to help you please member i do it as a kind gesture to VDJ users directing your frustrations me will not move this forward.

geposted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 1:44 pm
mark7164 wrote :
I am also having alot of problems and i went for another 500 for the VV box. I now sometimes get the pinwheel of death....when loading a track for the first time. I have to force shut the comp. down in the middle of what could be a set. The channels are also getting switched up... when i start. I have to conf. this thig like crazy. The pc program does work good. The mac for me has not been stable enough for live use. I have alittle under a grand in this thing already.

Hi Mark , what is your specification?

Have you set autolatency on performances this is important for the VV box as it will always run at the lowest latency possible

What version of Cue (virtual vinyl edition) do you use 5.07?

geposted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 1:48 pm
skyfxl wrote :
partysmartly wrote :
a clean output...

What soundcard are you using?

Have you tried autolatency on Config > Performances ?

Hi Sky, thanks for answering. I'm using the Numark DXM01 USB mixer and yes I have it set on auto latency and under "presets" (Fastest/Best Quality) I have the second position
from the left set.
I'll be messing around with my setup during the week so I'll keep you informed of my findings.
Also while at home, I've never experienced the skips even if I've had AirPort activated.

Thanks for the help :)

geposted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 2:50 pm
74%