Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vista performance tips

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Anybody know of any good sites or have any info on what services that can be disabled in Vista? I just havent had time to experiment and try changing settings, services, page file & stuff like that.

geposted Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 10:57 am

geposted Fri 21 Mar 08 @ 11:05 am
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2238

this is the site i used to configure vista...made my pc almost twice as fast...i like it cause it tells you what your turning off and what those feature do....it's like a class on vista...good site...you should bookmark it

geposted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 8:14 am
Good info, I will try it tonight. I bought a Dell Inspiron 1420 and a XPS 1330 with Geforce 8400GS cards, both running Vista. In Vista video looks good, but sound "pauses" every 30 seconds or so. This happens with onboard sound card, HDJC or BCD 2000. I loaded XP on the XPS1330, sound works flawless, but video freezes after playing 30 seconds of video. Disabled turbo cache, same problem. Disable HW accelration, works ok. I'd rather go with Vista if possible, not that I really like it. I think the hardware/drivers are designed and tweaked for Vista.

geposted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 9:49 am
I tried installing DirectX9 and disabled Vista audio effects, no more sound pauses. Also installed the new HDJC drivers- I love it, finally able to run 5.0.7. Got it running a 4ms. Gonna try some more tweaks. Everything looks to be running great for the weekend.

geposted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 9:54 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)