Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ Selling Points For Clubs, Sound Input Appreciated

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi there guys,
It's been a long time for those of you that know me, and if you don't, you for me are one of the many new users.

I'm hoping some of you could share your knowledge here with me, maybe put some information here from other dj sites.

I'm in a situation where I want to advertise myself as a dj through proffesional advertising such as a flyer for example, of course I know what details I must include to make it affective and give me work,

But i'm short on selling points, what I can use to promote myself to look proffesional and seem like truely the best choice for any club owner.

I intend to use virtual dj on a powerful laptop, a controller, mixer etc, basically I have everything I need to give a great performance and all the music which I paid for, and in case you suggest how laptop dj'ing is ilegal, i'm living in a country that doesn't have any law inforcement in that field.

So really the advantages of a talented dj with all the equipment, music and done useing vdj.

Please give me some input, this could be a very useful resource if we all build on it, thanks in advance to your replies, bagpuss.

geposted Sat 18 Dec 04 @ 8:29 am
i guess i will start
Try and make a video when you do parties (save them and edit the best together)
Offer club owners to work on a percentage basis so the more time you spend promoting the bar the more money you make.
Show the owner/manager with your laptop what vdj does(bring mini speakears)
Work one night for free(careful with this one)
Do not waste your time on flyers,make (vip bizness cards)
Try and get your remixes to play on the radio....give them out as promo material to the radio station manager(stamp it not for resale promo only)or you will go to jail
make a cool website and promote it (club owners love djs with web sites
Hope this helps
Andre

geposted Sat 18 Dec 04 @ 11:15 am

geposted Sat 18 Dec 04 @ 1:19 pm
hi there bag ;)

how is life in the "new" country treating you? hope all is well... its been a long time :)

geposted Mon 20 Dec 04 @ 8:32 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks for your replies guys, keep em coming please, I still have some way to go..

Hi "dj in norway", hows it going, and yea life here is great, controversial to popular belief :),

If you fancy visiting some time give us a shout, probably i'll speak to you soon on msn if you get time.

The ilegal mp3 is very popular here and so is the pc dj'ing, more to my favour i'm still the best talent i've met and have a nice little set up that most don't here, i'm gonna make it here, it would be a crime if i didn't.., hehe.

maybe we could exchange mixes again?, that was fun.

take care and be sure to contact me soon my friend :).

geposted Mon 20 Dec 04 @ 1:11 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)