Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is my Laptop good for Video Mixing

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115454

I am looking to purchase the laptop above with details below but in a nutshell it is a:

-CPU Type Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66G
-Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium
-Memory Speed DDR2 667
-Memory 2GB ******(I PLAN ON MAKING THIS 4 GIG)***** **
-Hard Disk 250GB
-Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
-Video Memory up to 1024 MB of TurboCache (256 MB of dedicated GDDR2 VRAM, up to 768 MB of shared system memory)
-CPU FSB 667MHz
-CPU L2 Cache 2MB
-Video Port 1 x VGA, 1 x S-Video TV-out, 1 x HDMI

Does anyone foresee a problem in this? I did hear problems with the nvidia 8000 series having a problem but from what I also read, they were only with xp and people having 2 gig rams or below. If I have vista and bump the Ram Memory from 2 gig to 4 gigs and leave the "TurboCache" on will this video freezing and crashing still be an issue? Also, the S-Video out, is that where everyone outputs to the "big screen"? I've read quite a few forums regarding the issue I'm posting but I didn't really see a concrete answer for my situation, like I said, I saw mixed solutions/opinions. Anyone here have some input regarding this question. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

DETAILS ABOUT THIS LAPTOP:

Model
Brand Acer
Series Aspire
Model AS5920-6706
Part# LX.AN40X.528

General
Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium
CPU Type Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66G
Screen 15.4" WXGA
Memory Size 2GB DDR2
Hard Disk 250GB
Optical Drive DVD Super Multi
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
Video Memory 256MB
Communication Modem, Gigabit LAN and WLAN
Card slot 1 x ExpressCard/54 slot
Dimensions 14.3" x 10.6" x 1.2-1.7"
Weight 6.6 lbs.

CPU
CPU Type Intel Core 2 Duo
CPU Speed T5450(1.66GHz)
CPU FSB 667MHz
CPU L2 Cache 2MB

Chipset
Chipset Intel PM965

Display
Screen Size 15.4"
Wide Screen Support Yes
LCD Features Acer CrystalBrite Technology
Display Type Wide XGA
Resolution 1280 x 800

Operating Systems
Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium

Graphics
GPU/VPU NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
Video Memory up to 1024 MB of TurboCache (256 MB of dedicated GDDR2 VRAM, up to 768 MB of shared system memory)
Graphic Type Dedicated Card

Hard Drive
HDD 250GB
HD RPM 5400rpm
HD Interface SATA

Memory
Memory Slots 2 x DIMM
Memory Speed DDR2 667
Memory 2GB

Ports
Card Slot 1 x ExpressCard/54 slot
USB 4
IEEE 1394 1
Video Port 1 x VGA, 1 x S-Video TV-out, 1 x HDMI
Other port 1 x CIR (consumer infrared)
Audio Ports Headphones/speakers/line-out with SPDIF support
Microphone-in
Line-in

Audio
Audio Dolby-certified surround-sound system
Dolby Home Theater audio enhancement
Microsoft DirectSound compatibility
Speaker Two integrated stereo speakers and one subwoofer supporting low-frequency effects

geposted Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 10:12 am
Make sure you do not get 4 g of ram, because 4 g of ram is only supported with vista 64bit. I just picked up a laptop with 4 g of ram and 64 bit vista and guess what...there is no sound driver for my virtual vinyl. So if you are using virtual vinyl, definitely get 32 bit vista with 3 g of ram.

not sure, but you may want a slightly faster processor...somewhere in the 2 ghz range.

geposted Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 11:08 am

geposted Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 12:48 pm

geposted Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 2:32 pm
I have a 8600M GT and I still have problems, I am upgrading to Windows Vista this week.

geposted Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 5:29 pm
Make sure you do not get 4 g of ram, because 4 g of ram is only supported with vista 64bit. I just picked up a laptop with 4 g of ram and 64 bit vista and guess what...there is no sound driver for my virtual vinyl. So if you are using virtual vinyl, definitely get 32 bit vista with 3 g of ram.

not sure, but you may want a slightly faster processor...somewhere in the 2 ghz range.

This is not true anymore. The new service pack of Vista in 32 bit mode can support 4 gigs of RAM.

geposted Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 12:18 am
poopy,

couldn't you post this yesterday, i just ordered a 2 gig stick to bump it up to 3, now i gotta order 1 more 2 gig stick haha. Thanks for the info though. Any comments on the ATI card my last post had? Do you think I will experience the chaos a lot of ppl do with that laptop? Thanks.

geposted Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 8:59 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)