Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Remapping Native BCD3000 support?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've been contemplating purchasing a BCD3000 from a friend of mine and switching from PCDJ to VirtualDJ for awhile now. I know the BCD3000 is not the most stable of devices by any means, but it seems to run fine on his setup and he's giving me a great price on it. So I may risk it.

However, I've been wanting to get into Video DJing almost exclusively and the built in support for the BCD3000 doesn't crossfade how I'd like. We tried some mappers and I edited one to work how I want... crossfader on the BCD3000 is assigned strictly to the video crossfade and NOT to audio. But the leds only work in Advanced Midi mode, and you have to hit the buttons twice for every start or stop. The built in support has the LEDs behaving properly, so I'd love to use it and get the crossfader working how I'd like.

Is it possible? If so, I am pretty sure I'm making the switch to VDJ. Thanks in advance!

geposted Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 10:00 pm
Is this just not possible? Is there a mapper out there that will allow me to reassign the crossfader to control the video crossfade only, and still get the LEDs to work properly without having to hit the buttons twice? Yes, I realize you have to be registered to download the mappers, but I will purchase and register if I can be assured that it will function as I'd like.

If no one is able to reply to my question so I can decide on my purchase, should I just assume it can't be done? I want to buy and use this software. My friend loves it, I enjoyed playing with it on his BCD3000, but he doesn't use video. I simply want to know if it can be set up the way I want before I go spending money on the Virtual DJ and the controller.

Thanks again.

geposted Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 4:55 pm
Is possible to map the bcd via midi but leds don't work with current version, maybe in future versions this option will be possible, regards :)

geposted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 10:26 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I would stay away from the Berhinger BCD product line where VDJ is concerned. The sound cards are not very stable when used in tandem with VDJ. If you wanted to use them just as midi devices they are very good.

geposted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 10:36 pm
Thanks for the replies. It's mostly the midi functions I'm interested in, though I do want higher quality sound than the built in audio on my laptop. I really can't spare any additional USB ports, since I only have three and am already using a hub. If I go with the BCD for a midi controller, I have my external HD in another port, and a hub that I'll use for my tethered phone (internet anywhere!) and USB mouse (since I assume the controller and external HD should be given their own ports).

Does anyone know of a good expresscard sound card? The only thing I can seem to find is the Creative X-Fi, which I can find little if any feedback on. Is the sound quality high, and will it work in multichannel with VDJ? I'm also open to an affordable, bus-powered firewire audio card as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Then again, I may try to curb my hunger for video DJing and wait for more info on the Hercules RMX. It looks professional (looks do count to a degree) and is still an all-in-one integrated solution. The MK2 looks too toy-like for my taste.

geposted Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 12:11 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)