Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Connecting mixer to VDJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

fak9rHome userMember since 2008
Hi
I bought a Stanton SA 3 and now i want to connect it to VDJ. I plugged in a Cinch-Cable in the "Master" output of the mixer. Then i plugged it in a Line-In Connection from my soundcard. Could you please tell me how to continue? There's no explanation how to do that neither in the mixer manual nor in the VDJ manual. Please help!

geposted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 8:23 am
You're doing it the wrong way around. You need to be plugging the outputs from your soundcard into the inputs of the mixer.

First, configure VDJ to use an external mixer. That will feed the sound from VDJ to one stereo output for the left player and one for the right player.

Take one stereo cable from outputs 1 & 2 of your sound card and plug that into the line inputs of channel 1 on your mixer.

Then take another stereo cable from outputs 3 & 4 of your sound card to the line input of channel 2 on the mixer.

You will then have the music from VDJ player 1 coming through channel 1 of the mixer, and the output from VDJ player 2 coming from channel 2 of the mixer.

geposted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 10:01 am

geposted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 11:30 am

Fak9r, you cant connect the mixer to VDJ, but you can VDJ to mixer. The master "thing" of the mixer, are the master outputs, and they must be connected directy to an input device (such as an amplifier, active speakres, or processors like EQ and the to amp-speakers). You are connecting the outputs of your mixer to the ouputs of your sound card.

Use the cinch-cable from the ouput of your sound card, to the CH1 of your mixer. If your sound card has another outputs, then another cinch-cable to that output to the CH2 of the mixer. Then the MASTER outputs of the mixer, to the amplifier.

BTW, What sound card are using you?.

geposted Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 11:32 am
Thanx now i understood what i have to do :). I'm using a Creative X-Fi soundcard (Xtreme Audio Edition, i know it isn't very good but it's enough for my purposes). Everything works fine now.

geposted Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 11:51 am
Sorry i don't use the X-Fi anymore it's broken so i'm using my onboard soundcard (mainboard)... and i think the X-Fi doesn't even support 2 line ins :D

geposted Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 12:29 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)