Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: BETTER MASTER TEMPO WITH LOW CPU

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

If you play with serato scratch live you will understand what i mean.Serato"s timestretch is like on cd players and it uses low cpu!Perfect master tempo

geposted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 10:50 pm
I agree. When I do use it, I must use the simple algorythm because my tracks won't play smoothly using any of the advanced selections. So, what I do is limit the pitch percentage to 10 or 12 percent, which still sort of sounds like crap, depending on the track.

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 10:36 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Master tempo is always a demanding process. Making it work live even more,
so if the Serato managed to create a less demanding with better performance
means they either payed some very skilled programmers to create their own
algorithm, or most likely used an existing alogrithm that was expensive as hell.

Btw discjockeydoc, did you try the serato master tempo on your CPU?
If glitches still occour it's obvious that the processor can't handle it, or
even the soundcard set to too low latency.

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 1:55 pm
Dj Penguin is right.
Also one friend of mine has serato.
It uses low cpu indeed and the sound is perfect without any flangers and missing beats.
And the latency is set to higher.
We opened both serato and numark cue and the two programms played together without any problems using about 8-9% cpu in a dual core laptop.
You could hear the difference between the 2 programs in master tempo with the same track.

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 4:35 pm
My complaint with the VDJ master tempo is I can hear artifacts and "warble-ee" audio output even when the pitch is set at 0%. It's really noticeable.

geposted Tue 29 Apr 08 @ 7:52 pm
@erxon
Never used Serato at all, so I'm just sort of relating what happens to me with VDJ's master tempo. My lappy's CPU runs @ 1.6GHz, and I've got 2GB RAM installed, playing audio only. CPU meter on the skin isn't pegged when using the advanced settings in master tempo but sound is utterly detestable, so I've just resigned to using simple MT and tend to think of it as a limitation of my equipment, perhaps. I'll try playing around with the latency, but, if memory serves, I've already done this in the past (with the old MK2 drivers). If I could afford it, I'd probably upgrade the lappy. Thanks for your input, tho, I appreciate it :)

geposted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 12:55 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
discjockeydoc wrote :
@erxon
Never used Serato at all, so I'm just sort of relating what happens to me with VDJ's master tempo. My lappy's CPU runs @ 1.6GHz, and I've got 2GB RAM installed, playing audio only. CPU meter on the skin isn't pegged when using the advanced settings in master tempo but sound is utterly detestable, so I've just resigned to using simple MT and tend to think of it as a limitation of my equipment, perhaps. I'll try playing around with the latency, but, if memory serves, I've already done this in the past (with the old MK2 drivers). If I could afford it, I'd probably upgrade the lappy. Thanks for your input, tho, I appreciate it :)

No problem. The thing is the latency plays a cruical role here, the spatialization
and complexity settings too (even I with my dual core 3.0 and low-latency
soundcard I cannot run it on highest settings with low latency - it's just not
possible).

Master tempo produces better results with more samples available to calculate
the new signal, that's why higher buffer (thus latency) and faster processor
are needed to make such calculations in real time.

Btw, on my PC setup I had the 2.6 ghz single core CPU and Creative's Audigy2
sound card, and I had issues running the advanced master tempo. The Serato
comes with it's own dedicated hardware, thus can has lower CPU requirements,
but the latency still has to be set accordingly to the processing complexity.

geposted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 2:10 am

geposted Tue 06 May 08 @ 9:50 am
I don't think it's necessary!
I don't use vdj anymore.
I have switched to another software which have
better sound and perfect master tempo.
Vdj has to make an update because there are better softwares.
I am sorry that I write this but this is the truth.

geposted Sat 21 Feb 09 @ 10:45 pm
+1

im also starting to look away from vdj and look to mixvibes

but im just going to wait

i would pay for support of the z plane master tempo

geposted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 7:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)