Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ + Hercules MP3 + ASIO

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

bocajrPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi guys,
can someone tell me if using vdj with Hercules Mp3 will work fine with ASIO, works better??
I need some info please!!

Thanks

geposted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 6:17 pm
The Herc MP3 is just a controller, so using ASIO depends on the soundcard.

geposted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 11:26 pm
jordidjPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Sorry for my bad english... My experience says that the soundcard is very important to make a good team between Virtual Dj and Hercules Dj controllers.
Bocajr don't say which model he has, but I will suppose that he is an owner of a Hercules Dj Console, like i am.
I tried with Sound Blaster Live!, with two Sound Blaster Live!, with an Audigy and finally with a Soundblaster X-Fi. Its the same result in all: clicks, pops, an incredible lags that make imposible to mix because the sound at your hearphones sounds a few ms late...

Definitively, you need:
-good sound card (X-Fi or another high profile sound card)
-good ASIO driver (you should configure the X-Fi drivers to Musical Creation, then you will be able to configure ASIO drivers in Virtual DJ). The freeware ASIO drivers didn´t work fine (or i don´t know how)
-and finally, you should have to make that your sound card will doesn´t have the same IRQ with another USB devices or your graphics adapter, its very important. You should know that if you plug your sound card at the first PCI slot nearest to the CPU, the sound card will obtain a free IRQ. The lower PCI slots became with a shared IRQ.

Remember to don´t try to configure performance in Virtual DJ: at the beginning could sound fine, but at any moment, you couldn´t control Hercules Dj without errors or bad sound.

geposted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 2:00 pm
just depends what your going be using it for. if your planning to use timecode cds, you could use the herc mk2 as your sound card. I know because i have the same setup for vdj.

Hercmk2
two cdj1000mk3s
rane ttm57mixer

its not the best output, but its good for home use,
for anything else i would recommend the maya44

geposted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 2:48 pm
Hi,
I got the first model of Hercules MP3 console, when I run vdj run with direct x drivers, I read somewhere that if I change for ASIO drivers will sound better, I connect my console to a mixer then to my amp. I hope this will help you guys to give me some ideas.

Thanks

geposted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 6:02 pm
bocajr wrote :
Hi,
I got the first model of Hercules MP3 console, when I run vdj run with direct x drivers, I read somewhere that if I change for ASIO drivers will sound better, I connect my console to a mixer then to my amp. I hope this will help you guys to give me some ideas.

Thanks

What are you currently using for a soundcard? Hercules "MP3" controllers do not have sound cards. Are you perhaps using the Hercules DJ Console MKI?

geposted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 6:22 pm
Hi Guys,

Sorry my mistake, I'm using a Hercules DJ Console MK 1, with the latest drivers from Hercules an VDJ 5.06.

Thanks

geposted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 10:40 am
Okay, now your question makes more sense. Try using ASIO with the latest Hercules 2008 drivers, set your performance for fastest, latency to auto, and untick safe mode and overclock. I have not tried it on 5.06, but I know that, with the DJC MK2, it works much better than WDM in 5.0.7 and 5.1, including the response of the controls on the console ;)

geposted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 1:16 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)