Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ducking Music or Muting mic while broadcasting

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is there a way to auto duck my music while im talking into the mic while broadcasting and is there a way to mute the mic FROM VDJ so people listening to the broadcast can't hear it but other programs can?

geposted Thu 19 Jun 08 @ 10:23 pm
From the standard skins - no.

Might be a custom skin or two with this feature. But those are only avail to home edition/Pro edition users

geposted Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 1:16 am
IF USING AN EXTARNAL MIXER, DONT YOU HAVE A TALK OVER SWITCH? THATS WHAT I WOULD DO. HOPE THIS HELPS.

geposted Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 7:58 pm
I have also been looking for this function - But to no avail (spent several days searching).
I would like an auto-talkover / ducking function for a Microphone plugged in to the Sound Card on the computer.

Other lesser softwares have this available, and I believe it is possible to do it in earlier versions of Traktor (2.6.1), although I have yet to test this.

I would estimate this could be a very simple function to program - Kind of disappointing that it isn't implemented in the more modern versions.

Candy

geposted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 5:20 pm
I have worked for years with mixers and recent years with softwares and I have never found a device or a software that can properly do it. The best way to do it is thru an external mixer

geposted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 10:50 am
Hey I realize this post is old but for those of you still looking to achieve this, you can use the following script.

PLEASE NOTE:
"X" can be a number between "-99" and "+99" but obviously for this purpose we keep it in the negative. Shortcut must be held down while speaking.
(Preferred shortcut)
deck active set_gain -X while_pressed & mic while_pressed

PS. Sorry for the hard drop, I did try (attempt found below) to set it up so that the gain would gradually fade to a specified point and then stop, but to no avail. Should any programmers appreciate my attempt, please do try an attempt yourself then post your script below. It would go a long way to making this feature a reality!
FAILED ATTEMPT: deck active gain -6 ? set_gain -6 : gain -1 while_pressed & mic while_pressed

Happy mixing!
Regards,
Stefan

geposted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 9:05 am
I use N & M on a keyboard. I'm no programmer so I don't know how to make it work on hold only.

Simply configure the keys: Settings>Controllers>
Type M as your Key selection. In the second scroll column choose audio_volumes. In the third column choose, level. To the right of this, it should state: set the volume of the deck.
In the Action window, type, level=XX%. XX is your chosen level - I use 65%.
Do the same for the N key - making the value 100%.
Note: Use any key that is not previously configured - M & N are my own choices and I realise they're close to the space bar which is mapped as, "play." This can be un-mapped. Alternatively, use a couple of keys further away from the space bar.
Hope this helps.

geposted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 8:36 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)