Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Clock display on VDJ5 Hard to read!?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping this will be a simple font issue, not sure?

I've installed the latest version of Cue 5/VDJ5 on a clean XP install and I've notice no matter what skin I choose the clock display is really hard to read, it's like VDJ is choosing the wrong font or something, or the font it wants to use is unavailable?

Here's a screenshot;

http://capitalnightlife.com.au/blurryclock.jpg

It doesn't matter what skin I choose, or at what resolution my display is set at (currently 1280x1024 on a 4:3 monitor), the clock always looks the same.

Any help would be much ablidged.

Regards,
Graeme Lucas @ capitalnightlife.com.au

geposted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 7:46 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's because most of the skin designers are using a L.E.D. font and it seems that it's not rendering right on your system.
If you have a particular skin you like you can easily modify the XML to use a font that works for you. Please see the skins forum for how easy the change can be. http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/13/Skins.html

geposted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 12:00 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try reinstalling the LED fonts first, it might be the solution.

geposted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 12:27 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Where is the LED font?

geposted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 1:44 pm

geposted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 3:35 pm
Thanks for the information guys, really appreciated, I'll give this a go tonight when I'm home and let you know the outcome.

Thanks again!

geposted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 6:06 pm
Hello again, I've been out gigging all weekend so haven't had 5 minutes to go on the computer!

Well the LCD font didn't resolve the issue, in fact I already had that font installed!

I fixed the problem by actually deleting the LCD (TT) font from my system, not sure if this will have any adverse effects on the computer, but immediately the clock changed to a more sensible font that I can actually read!

If anyone has a better solution please let me know but for now I'm happy!

Regards,
Graeme Lucas
capitalnightlife.com.au

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 1:36 am
DJAuz wrote :
Well the LCD font didn't resolve the issue, in fact I already had that font installed!

I fixed the problem by actually deleting the LCD (TT) font from my system

Well I did say try Re-installing them, as it was probable you already had them
on your system.

Now when VDj does not find the correct font it uses the default ones that are
available on your system. Removing a font cannot have any affect on your computer
except you won't be able to display that type of fonts, or software (if smart enough)
will display them as default type.

You can manually change the font in skin's .xml file by opening the file in text editor
and replacing this parameter of "fullhour" text object:

<text font="LCD" size="13" color="#FFFFFF" align="left" weight="bold" format="%fullhour"/>

with any other font="" you want, which Cstoll already mentioned...

One more solution might be to instead of changing the font type, try increasing
the size of LCD font, so they would be displayed more clearly on your resolution
(same way as above).

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 5:30 am
Ahh I'll definately give the xml thing a go, I'm fairly confident in what I'm doing anyway!

I did try reinstalling the font, sorry should have mentioned that! But it didn't fix it.

I'll give the xml tweak a shot..thanks!

Graeme @ capitalnightlife.com.au

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 9:57 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)