Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Any type of hand-held remote controls out there?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I am an old style, DJ, no fancy scratching, mixing is not much of a factor to me, however I would like to know if there is a controler that can be hand-held or worn on your wrist that would trigger the next deck. I do a lot of interaction with the people and to be closer to them and still have some control of the laptop and Virtual DJ would be fantastic. Anyone know of such a device and where to buy it?
Thanks. Carman

geposted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 10:07 pm
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
One simple option is to use a wireless Gamepad and my Joystick/Gamepad to VDJ MIDI Mapper that you can download in the plugins/external tools section.

geposted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 12:42 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What kind of reliable range can you get from a gamepad though? I'm guessing it's probably no more than a few feet... I could really use something that has the same kind of range as my radio mic... :-)

geposted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 10:16 am

geposted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 10:57 am
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
pern wrote :
One simple option is to use a wireless Gamepad and my Joystick/Gamepad to VDJ MIDI Mapper that you can download in the plugins/external tools section.

Thanks Pern, I did see that download, and downloaded it, after I posted my question. It seems like it might work for me. Don't need most of the time, a long distance from laptop, and think it might work out fine. Looking for wireless joystick pad at the moment.

geposted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 2:22 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007

geposted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 1:57 am
Bought one, tried it... not good unfortunately - the range is around 6 feet...

geposted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 7:22 am
What range an functionality must be a minimum for this to be useful ?

Maybee i should look into this as a DIY Project, if there is a interest for it .

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 4:27 am
I actually started to look into this a while ago but never finished it.

The idea is to use a 2.4 Ghz wireless GamePad as a base, take it out of the box. Put in a new hand-held box and also add small external Antennas to boost the range. With better antennas i think the range should be more than ok.

And to write a special mapper to handle all off this.

This is my first functionality design for that, note that most buttons have up to 3 functions

Maybee i should finish it.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 7:16 am
Yeah, that's the kind of thing I had in mind... What kind of range do you get from a 2.4GHz controller pad then? Never had one to play with...

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 9:46 am
A standard: Up to 10m . But i want to boost that to 25-30 m .

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 9:48 am
Like you said, maybe improving the internal aerial might improve the range... let us know how you get on anyway, if its possible to get a 20m+ range, I might build one myself!

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 9:30 pm
To get 20m range should be no problem. Ok, i will finish it but i got 2 other VDJ related projects that i need to finish first.

1 - My new mappers for DMC1/DAC2 (About 50% done now)

2 - VDJ Dedicated 19" Hardware/Software Sampler controller. With LCD display,
- Includes special Jingle/Sample software. You can use VDJ or Internal samplers or a mix of them.
- Includes Special MIDI mapper etc etc.

This is the number one thing i always missed in VDJ, a really good sampler, with the option to speed-load sets of samples etc etc. And to controll it from a hardware device. This project is to fix that and more. I use samples more like traditional "jingle" cart-machines and not to sample the ongoing music stream, so the goal is more in that direction for this project. But you can use both with the "mixed mode" option.

(Midi functions + sampler load/play etc functionality done, working now on LCD functions)

These 2 i need for my own use ;-)

geposted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 1:45 am
Totally with you on the sampler thing Pern, sounds like you use it in much the same way as I do. Back in the days of version 3.4, there was a sample manager plugin that let you load and save banks of samples, unfortunately nobody re-wrote it for later versions of vdj... Shame the sampler in vdj is one of the few areas of the program that's had no upgrades in ages...

geposted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 8:06 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)