Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Why list iTunes as a possible folder???

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I decided to join iTunes and purchase a bunch of music and music videos for some upcoming shows, seeing that the iTunes folder is already pre-installed in Virtual DJ as a location for your files.

However, NONE of the files open. The music files are not a big deal because you can actually just rip them to a CD and then rip the CD to the computer. The issue is with the 45 "wedding related" music videos that I purchased....as you can't burn a DVD with them or convert them to another format using programs such as Vegas or Magic Video Converter or Quicktime Pro, etc....

So my question and major "beef" is why even list iTunes in the section where you select what folders to show, when you can't use any of the files from iTunes anyway????

I've got about $90.00 in music videos that I downloaded that I could have just bought the specialty discs from promo only for $50 and waited for them to ship it. The reason I downloaded them is because I didn't want to wait and couldn't wait because I wanted to use them this weekend.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for how I can get the music videos into another format? Perhaps a program that can record video while I play it......

Thanks for any input.

Danny

geposted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 1:43 pm
Apple are a strict company and don't release iTunes bought content for use with other portable players and mostly other software. The problem is your iTunes bought content is DRM protected, even if you tried to play them in Windows Media Player they would not play. You suggest a solution which does work, but recompressing an already compressed file degrades your sound quality badly. I'm not sure about worldwide, but in the UK at least I really don't understand why people buy from iTunes. It costs more to buy an inferior sounding DRM infested album than it does to buy the retail CD which you are then free to use how you wish. There are also many alternative sites offering DRM free mp3 files for the same sort of price.

However, Virtual DJ supports iTunes because of its popularity as a media library. Many people have music collections which do not contain iTunes bought content, this will work fine in Virtual DJ. It is only Apple's property which you cannot use in Virtual DJ. This is any protected file you buy from iTunes.

I sympathise with your video purchases which you are unable to use (if you're in the states you may want to search these forums for VenueVJ). This program claims it can 'free' your files, although I've never used it:

http://www.convert-any-media.com/

geposted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 2:10 pm

geposted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 2:27 pm
Thank You.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 1:32 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)