Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sluggishness of the waveform display - advice?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

When having two tracks play, sometimes the beat grid (CBG) looks jerky in motion.

CPU is at nothing and no other processes are running. Does not seem to impact the mix - that I know of.

Any advice? Using a Nvidia (EVGA) 8600 GT 256mb XP SP2.

192L using either ASIO4ALL or the ESI drivers.

Thanks gang!

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 3:46 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Have you updated your video drivers or DirectX lately? If not I would try that.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 4:08 pm
I've noticed this behaviour sometimes if Safe Mode is turned on, try turning it off.

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 6:29 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
In my view is better to turn off both Safe mode and Overclock options

geposted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 7:07 pm
Thanks for the replies!

Both are unchecked. Also, latest drivers and DirectX.

Performance is MAX. if I drop it down a notch yet keep other things equal, would I lose anything?

This did not happen while using the 7600 GS that I recall.

geposted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 12:54 pm
The performances of VDJ depend on your installed hardware.
You have to look for the best worths of VDJ for having a good compromise between your hardware and your software.

VDJ's User Guide says (page 38) :
"It's reccomended that the DJ take time to experiment with the settings in order to achive the best perfomance of their system prior to using VDJ in a live performace"

For instance, in my case I always disable the "keylock" function for the MasterTempo because when I move back the deck or when I move forward the deck, many jerks occur in my computer

geposted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 1:28 pm
But don't I lose MT with this?

geposted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 1:52 pm
Yes..you lose MT.

After knowing that, I'm use MasterTempo no longer.
Maybe your issue doesn't depend on Keylock function

Try and write us your impressions

geposted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 2:20 pm
I will try.

What it looks like is the waveform 'distorts' like getting chopped in half and trying to keep up.

Maybe a bit off topic but is there a better card than the 192L ?

geposted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 2:24 pm
ewitles wrote :

When having two tracks play, sometimes the beat grid (CBG) looks jerky in motion.
CPU is at nothing and no other processes are running. Does not seem to impact the mix - that I know of.
Any advice? Using a Nvidia (EVGA) 8600 GT 256mb XP SP2.
192L using either ASIO4ALL or the ESI drivers.

Rereading this post I noticed you wrote "does not seem to impact the mix".
My issue with MT implies many problems with mix so your problem likely depends on video card issue

Do you have ever noticed any problems with games or video applications?

Could you make a video to show us your problem?

geposted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 2:40 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Mine gets choppy with mp4s and vobs files. AVI's(Xvid), mpg, mp3s are just fine. I don't think its a problem, more of the way VDJ allocates CPU usage to different parts of the program. If the CPU starts getting hit above 50 or 60%, I notice the ext video is smooth but the preview screens and waveform gets a little choppy. I rather have smooth sound and a jerky display then the opposite. I remember a setting that was in 3.x that changed the waveform update, sound card settings and/or animations on the skin. It had settings like, min performance, max performance and real-time..something like that. Its not there, so I'm thinking this is changed automatically by the program.

-David

geposted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 9:41 am
pablobaHome userMember since 2008
I've recently downloaded a new skin but I don't know how to install it.
I don't have a skins folder and I have no idea where the skins I have are held.
In the Virtual DJ folder there's only the application and some wordpad documents and the ripDVD thingi.
I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance
Pablo

geposted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 12:28 pm
why did you write here your message??

Here we are talking about other problems; please you should open another thread.

Thanky you pabloba!!

geposted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 1:15 pm
^Indeed. Please do not hijack threads with unrelated problems.

Back on topic, my waveform display has always been "a little" choppy because my lappy has a lower-end video card (64MB - hey, don't laugh, money was tight, lol), but not enough to cause trouble when mixing (I only use the waveform to get close, then finish by ear anyway).

geposted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 7:12 pm
RavellHome userMember since 2004
Try setting the priority to High in the task manager for ***vdj**.exe!

Let us know!

geposted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 10:15 pm
I have the same problem ewitles. I am running a C2D with 8800GT on XP, and still have jerky beat grid scrolling. I can run Crysis but can't get smooth scrolling! I think the refresh rate is naturally slow on VDJ.

geposted Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 1:41 am
Maybe it's because more of the processing power is dedicated to the audio/video engines than the GUI so that your live performance doesn't go belly up. You may notice that, as you use VDJ, certain things you may do cause a sluggish response in the interface, but sound is never affected.

geposted Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 2:55 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)