Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Question for Cyder (mac related)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dj xioHome userMember since 2007
Hey buddy,

I see you use the denon dnhc 4500 with the denon 500 mixer and a macbook pro.
My question is if you're running Virtual DJ on windows or natively on Mac OS?

I know 5.2 supports the dnhc4500 but I know you need a plugin for the crossfader to work with the denon mixer.
Wasn't sure if that works on osx too.

Thanks for your input...

BTW, If yes to the above (everything works on osx), how reliable do you find the program?
Would you say it's 100% stable for all gigs?

Thanks again, hope to hear from you soon!

geposted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 8:51 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Hi,

The answer is yes I do run natively on mac osx, currently I'm using 10.5.4 my mbp is a 17 inch 2.6ghz with 2 gig of ram. I'm using the jpboggis mapper with it I do video, audio and karaoke all at the same time. For about half the summer I've gigged with this setup. I've not had a single crash using VDJ live on my Mac I would consider this setup to be 100% stable for me.

geposted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 8:41 am
Hi Cyder,

I have the same setup as well (HC4500 & denon 500 mixer). I have downloaded JBoggis mapper but read in the instruction manuals it is not compatible with Macs. Is this wrong??

geposted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 5:21 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Jp made a special one for the mac, I thought he posted it up for everyone to use. If not I'll ask him about it. There is a .bundle mac version of the mapper. I'll ask him in why its not released yet I don't have any problems with the latest one he made.

geposted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 5:52 pm
dj xioHome userMember since 2007
Thanks,

That's good to know.

I'm so undecided... Virtual DJ or Itch....

grrrrrr....

Virtual dj along with the dn-hc4500 has so much more, but the portability of the vci-300 and reliability of serato is so tempting...

Can't decide... :o

HELP!!!

geposted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 11:00 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)