Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Disco?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I mix hip hop. Thats my niche. Last night my boss asked me to mix in some 70's disco music. Any suggestions? What songs work well with an older and younger crowd?

geposted Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 12:45 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i could give you a list as long as jimmys' left breast but that won't help you, a bit of could old fashioned research will be of more use to you i'm afraid, first port of call head for everyhit.com (i think they have an american version) and check out the chart listings for the seventys, look in also at promo only and some other "best of seventys stuff" then start to leisten to the music and decide what you think will suit your crowd... best of luck.

geposted Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 10:42 am
Let me give you a classic that drove people krazy over here in florida at this MEXICAN party..couple of other nationalities too but brought them all together..BLONDIE=HEART OF GLASS..nice tune...

geposted Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 10:47 am
Never had the chance to do such a gig myself - but, from choice, I'd play the following:

Almost anything by Abba;

Almost anything by Barry White;

Most titles by Blondie;

Gloria Gaynor;

You'll fill the dance floor the moment you stick on YMCA by The Village People, or any of their other stuff;

Anything by Tavares;

Bee Gees' 70s output;

Anything from Saturday Night Fever or Grease;

Boney M;

Silver Convention (they sound similar to Boney M);

Almost anything on the Tamla Motown or Atlantic record labels.

If I can think of any more, I'll put them here!

geposted Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 5:11 am

geposted Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 3:37 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)