Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Files that are no longer their

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

In my music i had a folder called cd1m basically it was the contents of a cd. I later empty-ed this folder n put the mps's in the relevant folders eg background etc.

Now when I use windows start search the files show up however if you go to show folder or file location the a box comes up saying refuses to a location that is unavailable. it could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network, it might of moved to a different location.

Actually i deleted it so why is it still showing up in the search, i emptied recycle bin and deleted temp files and in vdj used the 3 options in browser fix etc

Anyone know?

geposted Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 1:06 pm
There's a .xml file that lists all your tracks, with details like bpm, fade points, edit points, stuff like that. It could be in there.

geposted Fri 15 May 09 @ 11:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Did you select the correct drive before using the check/clean/fix options?

geposted Sun 17 May 09 @ 7:50 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Charlie, I have found 5 or 6 of these "Ghost" files on my system. I get a "Error" message on the decks if I try to load one or I get "This file is no longer at this location" on the file info. Even when I do the Check, Clean and Fix they are still there.

All I do now if I find one, is to just hide it from the search. Easiest way I found.

geposted Sun 17 May 09 @ 9:42 am
I have this issue with a few files in Explorer from Windows Search Indexing but they don't show in Virtual DJ.

geposted Sun 17 May 09 @ 2:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)