Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: better back spin

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i use an icdx, and i wish i can do a back spin instead of using that digital effect. it sounds so fake
i hooked up the icdx to serato and man the back spin worked and sounded so nice

but id never go to serato..

geposted Thu 26 Mar 09 @ 11:08 pm
I use timecode vinyl and because I prefer to use not-so-slippery slipmats, doing good backspins is tricky, so I downloaded an effect plugin called "backspin" and assigned it to a keyboard shortcut. The advantage is I can do perfect backspin every time, and it frees up my hands to cut or scratch in the next song on beat. Ya it's cheating, but it sound dope, and no one ever notices the difference.

geposted Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 6:00 am
hey i have the effect and i can enable it. but its an effect and i cant have 2 effects at once. so suppose im mixing with flanger on i cant do a back spin unless i disable flanger then enable back spin. kinda sux...

i just wish i can do it via the wheel. its doable. sounds mint on ssl. i dont know why they would disable a feature like that.

geposted Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 9:36 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can run as many effects as you have loaded in your install - all at the same time if you want. Selecting and running the multiple effect can be limited to the skin you are using or how you setup the shortcut to run the effect. How are you selecting the backspin effect with the flanger effect running?

geposted Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 11:27 am
djfluke1 wrote :
hey i have the effect and i can enable it. but its an effect and i cant have 2 effects at once. so suppose im mixing with flanger on i cant do a back spin unless i disable flanger then enable back spin. kinda sux...

i just wish i can do it via the wheel. its doable. sounds mint on ssl. i dont know why they would disable a feature like that.

Have a look at one of my skins mate - they were designed originally for the Herc RMX but can be used without and have the joy of 6 effects slots of each deck.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/6916/RMX_Video.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/6629/Mac___Win_VJ_variations.html

geposted Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 12:42 pm
that wont really help as accessing the effects on the icdx are different than the hercules.

its all good. thanks for your answers. hopefully one of the admins sees this and activates the wheel to do a back spin

geposted Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 2:42 pm
So the iCDX can't do a backspin when in "scratch" mode?

geposted Sat 28 Mar 09 @ 1:53 am
djvonHome userMember since 2006
Have you probably considered that virtual dj is just soo plastic sounding and serato is closest to vinyl when it comes to back spinning and scratching?

geposted Sun 29 Mar 09 @ 6:52 am
@dizzy: when using a cd it can, but not a great back. Using VDJ, not at all. its a limitation of VDJ.

@djvon: ya. So if VDJ want to compete, why dont they compete in all aspects. It is better than serato, but to have proper use of a jog wheel is a lot more important than having a fake back spin effect.

I wonder how a back sping sounds on a mk3 or mk2 800.can any one confirm? I want to know if they disabled the back spin only on the icdx

geposted Sun 29 Mar 09 @ 6:26 pm
fmooijPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

Downloaded the crossfader curves, which is a perfect effect.
What I am missing in effects is;
1. Default load on start up. I like to see standard the crosfader curves loaded on both decks.
2. A default setting of the effects.
for example I like the logarithmic curve in the fader curves and flanged loop out a longer loop then default.

Every time you start VDJ (or after a crash) I have to go through the effects to change it to my favorite settings.

Would be nice to save it and default load it as I prefer it.

freek

geposted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 2:30 am
djfluke1 wrote :

I wonder how a back sping sounds on a mk3 or mk2 800.can any one confirm? I want to know if they disabled the back spin only on the icdx

It works!! you have to configure your TCCD's for it to work..I am at work right now so I cant't tell you what my settings are but I prefer to do my back spins manualy....

BTW I have a pair of MK II 800

geposted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 8:17 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
djfluke1 wrote :
i use an icdx, and i wish i can do a back spin instead of using that digital effect. it sounds so fake
i hooked up the icdx to serato and man the back spin worked and sounded so nice

but id never go to serato..

The backspin on the timecodes is a known issue and it was said that it should be resolved in the next release. ;)

geposted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 3:53 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)