Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 10

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This issue is known and was down to a VDJ/CUE bug to my understanding it should be already solved in 5.2.1 x and the new mappings in V6 use a different way to communicate with the unit.

geposted Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 12:27 pm
Simon,

Did you not state in a previous post that it was
A mapping issue and would be solved in the next
Release. Now you are saying something totally
Different. Did numark notice or not with the mapping
Of this player? If not what is the solution? If they did
Then obviously it was not fixed in 5.2.1 as myself
And others are reporting this issue and are using
Cue 5. 2. 1 as obviously cue 6 is not out.

Why is it so hard for numark to acknowledge this issue?
As I said if it won't get fixed or u don't know what is wrong
Just say it so I can sell em. Its not fair for some one
To pay me 1000 for a wedding then having my shit
Fuck up on a first dance or entrance. You want to sell
Proffesional dj equipment then stand by your product.

geposted Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 2:35 pm
djfluke1 wrote :
Simon,

Did you not state in a previous post that it was
A mapping issue and would be solved in the next
Release. Now you are saying something totally
Different. Did numark notice or not with the mapping
Of this player? If not what is the solution? If they did
Then obviously it was not fixed in 5.2.1 as myself
And others are reporting this issue and are using
Cue 5. 2. 1 as obviously cue 6 is not out.

Why is it so hard for numark to acknowledge this issue?
As I said if it won't get fixed or u don't know what is wrong
Just say it so I can sell em. Its not fair for some one
To pay me 1000 for a wedding then having my shit
Fuck up on a first dance or entrance. You want to sell
Proffesional dj equipment then stand by your product.

Sorry you are frustrated but please do not direct them at me. I am only trying to help people out here.

It is caused by a software software bug which affects the mapping in older Versions of VDJ.

It has been known to manifest in the video window to open randomly.

The issue was first reported to Virtual DJ in 2008 and to our knowledge was fixed on 5.2.1

It does not affect other software or CD/MP3 playback mode.

I can tell you that the new v6 midi engine implemented by Atomix has many improvements and benefits and will block random triggering in the future.

I think the fact that we are taking time to update the mapping for this product shows we are still committed to supporting it.

I see that you have Virtual DJ which already has these improvements in V6 so you should not have a problem if you use this in the mean time.

geposted Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 4:43 pm
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 3800+
2.01GHz, 1 Go Ram

I would really like to get a response, since the distorted sound while moving jogwheels or knobs fucks up my mixes.
Like, even on a paused track, moving the knob will make a low sound, and I don't know why.

geposted Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 5:11 pm
AlmostASound wrote :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 3800+
2.01GHz, 1 Go Ram

I would really like to get a response, since the distorted sound while moving jogwheels or knobs fucks up my mixes.
Like, even on a paused track, moving the knob will make a low sound, and I don't know why.

I would recommend on config > performances setting it to fastest, latency to auto and ensuring overlock and safe mode are enabled.

I would recommend also seeking the latest version of the legitimate demo from this website.

geposted Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 5:14 pm
Simon,

Im not targetting at you. I dont use VDJ 6 at gigs, as it has jog wheel issues with touch sensitive players which was some what fixed by editing some things around.

But my one question is, has numark been able to reproduce this problem to find a fix? As if not, it will never get fixed. If they have reproduced this problem, then i am confident it will be resolved. I mean Cue 5.2.1 was released almost a year ago, and to my knowledge people didnt start reporting this issue until after which i dont understand how it could of been fixed with 5.2.1.

Some people reported these issues in VDJ 6. So again has numark been able to reproduce the problem, to find a solution?

geposted Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 9:29 pm
Sorry ,but at this Point ICDX have the same problem with all VIRTUAL version 6 and since my friend found it for the first time on all vertions from 5 all the way till this newest vertion 6. we test all and the players do the same ! OK maybe if they come with a new mapper if you think thas the problem ,if is some one making one or are they lookin at the problem some body is looking at that ?? for us to know. How I said before I have DAC 3s, DMC 2s and the work really good ,and I did my own mapping on them w/o experimenting any problem in those controllers. I just have those ICDX usseles I bught them because they were In the publicity about working with VIRTUAL we trust them when we bougth them , They should Help US at Least to let us know If they are not gonna do ,or cannot find any cure . But let us know please . To move to pioneer or keep waiting or sell them. but if I sell them I wont fool anyone I will tell them those things (icdx) are not trust to use with softhware. Like they did to me.

geposted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 2:38 pm
Hi Guys sorry to hear you are having a problem with V6.

My Job is to test software/hardware updates and features as part of the engineering team so I am always on the lookout for issues.
The unit is not the cause it is the way the software is processing it.

As you may be aware we are working very closely with Virtual DJ on Cue 6 to iron out any remaining issues I will make sure this gets extra attention.

geposted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 4:26 pm
djfluke1 wrote :
Simon
But my one question is, has numark been able to reproduce this problem to find a fix? As if not, it will never get fixed. If they have reproduced this problem, then i am confident it will be resolved. I mean Cue 5.2.1 was released almost a year ago, and to my knowledge people didnt start reporting this issue until after which i dont understand how it could of been fixed with 5.2.1.

VDJ produces the mappings/updates and we test them.

We have seen the issue in the past and it was seen as fixed in our testing.

djfluke1 wrote :

Some people reported these issues in VDJ 6. So again has numark been able to reproduce the problem, to find a solution?

Not yet I will take more time to see if I can reproduce.

geposted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 4:31 pm
I'm getting confused..... You said you have encountered
This issue, then you state you haven't
Encountered this issue and will do more testing.

geposted Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 6:18 pm
Me too ,is confusing. I think they Havent understand the problem with the ICDXs wotking with softhware.
It is very EASY to find what they do:
JUST PLUG THOSE PLAYERS (iCDXs) TO THE COMPUTER with VIRTUALDJ (any Version) and go Have a Gig or Have some one to test them for about 4 hours and you ll see, if nothing happens you were luky, but have someone to keep testing them like if you were in a 5 hour gig. We are not the only ones people just got tired to ask for an aswer. Lets wait is easy to understand the problem. But if you test them for about an hour and the problem doesn't appears dont you belive they are fine ,you have to test them like you are playin a gig maybe for hours ,JUST HAVE SOMEONE TO USE THEM LIKE a dj who has some weeks to use them and test them at work.
THANKS we hope having a answer soon .Bad or good

geposted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 11:28 am
Hey im looking for the driver for the numark vv soundcard that comes in box.. any ideas?

geposted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 3:15 pm
djfluke1 wrote :
I'm getting confused..... You said you have encountered
This issue, then you state you haven't
Encountered this issue and will do more testing.

In answer to your two questions, we have on the older V5. We where told its fixed on 5.2.1

I have not seen this on V6 and need to do more testing we will report back when this is done.

geposted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 6:07 am
DJbristol wrote :
Hey im looking for the driver for the numark vv soundcard that comes in box.. any ideas?

You need to install the software prior to connecting the unit as it also installs the driver.

Send support[at]numark[dot]com a email if you connected the box before installing and they can help you out.

geposted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 6:09 am
well VDJ 6.0.2 came out, resulting in cue 6 to be out soon, resulting in no fix in the ICDX.

Even if they do find issues it wont be adressed until the next relese, as i dont see VDJ releasing a new version so soon.

If this issue happens just 1 more time, the ICDX' are gone.

Its a shame. As its truly above any midi controller on the market. People jsut dont know it. Even the scratching. You can do anything once you get adjusted. Such a great product with such bad marketing or lack of confidence from the manufacturer in my opinion.

geposted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 10:20 pm
Yesterday I downloaded the long awaited update for VirtualDJ. I have the Numark NS7 which because of the update works with the VirtualDJ software, At first there were some obvious glitches which I was able to iron out with a few computer and software adjustments.
The biggest and really only problem I have left to conquer is that when I load a song into either of the decks using either the mouse or the NS7 Controller I am experiencing a slight 1 second drop in the music. The music pauses for an instant while the song is loading.
Is anyone else running into the same problem? Does anyone know how to remedy this? I just bought a brand new computer with awesome specs so I know that the laptop isn't too slow.

geposted Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 11:32 pm
SOUNDAFFECTZ wrote :
Yesterday I downloaded the long awaited update for VirtualDJ. I have the Numark NS7 which because of the update works with the VirtualDJ software, At first there were some obvious glitches which I was able to iron out with a few computer and software adjustments.
The biggest and really only problem I have left to conquer is that when I load a song into either of the decks using either the mouse or the NS7 Controller I am experiencing a slight 1 second drop in the music. The music pauses for an instant while the song is loading.
Is anyone else running into the same problem? Does anyone know how to remedy this? I just bought a brand new computer with awesome specs so I know that the laptop isn't too slow.

Whats your system spec?

geposted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 9:27 am
iDJAcizzle wrote :
Hello,

Having a issue installing the driver back onto my Total Control unit. I let a friend use it and soon thereafter my unit wasn't recognized by my laptop--nor any other PC for that matter. I tried installing SysLibEd but it won't even recognize the unknown device. Any information or help as to how to fix this? I also e-mailed Numak on the matter, first time very slow and uninformative information. I've recently e-mailed asking how much to repair the unit and haven't received a e-mail, however that hasn't been more than 48 hours including weekdays.

Any and all help appreciated.

I had a similar issue months back. I'll see if I can find the thread. Basically, there were too many MIDI drivers installed on my machine. I went back and got rid of the offenders, re-plugged my Total Control, and it has worked without problem ever since.

geposted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 1:21 pm
DjBoy01PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have my VDJ settings set to what Skyfxl posted on the VDJ & NS7 (general topic) thread. My system specs are

Intel Core Duo 1.6Ghz
4GB Ram
Windows XP Serv Pack 3

My Problem: My left platter on my NS7 is rotating at what should be the normal speed but my right platter is going just a little bit faster resulting in drift between songs even though they are the same song playing at the same BPM with all my pitch settings set to 0. I ran the same songs I ran on VDJ on Itch and drifting was not occurring and both of the platters seem to be going at the same speed.

Question: Is this due to extra tweaking I must do to VDJ to get the platters rotating at the same speed? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there a solution to the problem (I know there is but don't know what it is)?

Concern: I'm not getting audio when i turn the platter reverse or use bleep and neither when I'm scratching backwards only when i scratch forward.

Ciao and Thanks for any responses

- Dj Boy

geposted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 5:31 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No sound on the back pull of a scratch is because the Smart Scratch feature is active. Using the default VDJ v6 skins, select the SCRATCH panel and make sure the Smart Scratch locks are grey (orange means it is active).

geposted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 10:11 pm
12%