Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 9

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djreno3 wrote :
I just got a new computer that runs windows vista. And when I plug in the virtual vinyl interface it wont download the software for it. I put in the software cd and it downloaded the software for virtual vinyl but when I go to config and try to use the soundcard for virtual vinyl. It's not even recognized. And when I first start the virual vinyl I get error in the Asio sound driver message what do I do?

Hi,

You need to install the software before plugging the box in.

If you send me a PM with your email adress I can send you a driver.

geposted Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 4:41 pm
Hello,

Having a issue installing the driver back onto my Total Control unit. I let a friend use it and soon thereafter my unit wasn't recognized by my laptop--nor any other PC for that matter. I tried installing SysLibEd but it won't even recognize the unknown device. Any information or help as to how to fix this? I also e-mailed Numak on the matter, first time very slow and uninformative information. I've recently e-mailed asking how much to repair the unit and haven't received a e-mail, however that hasn't been more than 48 hours including weekdays.

Any and all help appreciated.

geposted Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 7:29 pm
Hi,

Numark is closed at the weekend so you may get a reply today.

I suspect your friend may have damaged the unit in some way or erased the unit

If its not detected by your computer you may need to get it serviced.

I would suggest calling support today you can find the contact details on the first page of this topic.

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 4:19 am
Thanks,

I assume the same. Received a e-mail from Numark with the steps to reinstall firmware, however I must also agree and think the unit will need serviced.

geposted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 10:43 am
djfluke1 wrote :
Hey Simon,

Since Cue 6 is coming around the corner, i know one of the big hypes is the NS7 support. But the did the Numark team find anyting wrong with the jog wheel issue that myself and ohters have been reporting when using the ICDX? Or was that not even looked at? You can be honest if it hasent been looked at, as its a disscontinued product (dunno why, as the potential of this thing is insane)

thanks.

I have the same thinking , I want to Hear some about the ICDX platter( or wheel) problem. ONESTLY to know if we have any hopes or NOT. For me to move to PIONEER it SOunds like numark Has to many issues (ns7 icdxs ) and never listen to customers .Some one tell me please do we have any hopes for ICDX or its a device that is past????

geposted Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 11:41 am
devasty1 wrote :
djfluke1 wrote :
Hey Simon,

Since Cue 6 is coming around the corner, i know one of the big hypes is the NS7 support. But the did the Numark team find anyting wrong with the jog wheel issue that myself and ohters have been reporting when using the ICDX? Or was that not even looked at? You can be honest if it hasent been looked at, as its a disscontinued product (dunno why, as the potential of this thing is insane)

thanks.

I have the same thinking , I want to Hear some about the ICDX platter( or wheel) problem. ONESTLY to know if we have any hopes or NOT. For me to move to PIONEER it SOunds like numark Has to many issues (ns7 icdxs ) and never listen to customers .Some one tell me please do we have any hopes for ICDX or its a device that is past????

The problem is software mapping and will be resolved in the next Virtual DJ update to my understanding.

There is no problem with the NS7 it just has not been implemented by Virtual DJ yet.

geposted Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 4:04 am
Simon,

So you are saying an issue was discovered in the ICDX? We just want to understand and be clear about what your saying.
If this is the case, i can live with that.

Please advise.

geposted Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 6:12 am
Hey gang.. A few things.......

First, I had on old P4 laptop that had a serial port on it, and loaded up XP Pro and threw CUE 5.2.1 on it, and set it up to run my DAC2, then shut it down, plugged in the original chrome DMC and restarted it up and CUE saw it as a DAC 2 and it runs fine. I also found my original PCDJ Blue and put it on and it runs fine under XP, so I am ahappy camper as it works 2 ways in XP!

I run Numarh HDX and ran with the Maya 44 on a dell laptop with CUE 5.2.1 with no problem, running the MP3 timecode file. Guitar Center is dropping Virtual Vinyl at cost, so I got that for $271 and got the upgrades and it works like a charm with VV 5.2.1 and VPC 6 on both my Dell alptops and my MacBook Pro.

Lastly.. I want to add the icon for Ion Icue, Total Controll, and DJIO but the serial numbers are way to long for the spot in editing my profile. How do I get those in ?

geposted Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 6:36 pm
You cant register the DJIO as its not a Virtual DJ product.

You can register the Cue LE which came with your Total Control and Icue.

Use the software CD serial numbers.

geposted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 5:43 am
djronh1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi All,

I ran into a problem this past weekend, and I'm looking for some guidance\advice on how to troubleshoot.

First a little background so we know what's involved.

Laptop - HP EliteBook 8730w Mobile Workstation (currently their top of the line mobile workstation)
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9600 (2.80 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz FSB),
4GB of RAM
Vista 32-bit SP2
500GB Internal HD
Apps - Serato SSL 1.9.1 & VirtualDJ 6.0.1

Hardware - Numark DMC2 (A/C Adapter Powered)
Rane SL3 (A/C Adapter Powered)
M-Audio Fast Track Pro (USB Powered Only)
Belkin Powered USB Hub (A/C Adapter Powered) (Laptop has single USB going here, which then connects to all other USB devices)
Tripp-Lite 1U UPS (All items powered from this)

Everything stored in Odyssey FZGS1004 case. http://www.odysseygear.com/products.php?sku=fzgs1004

The problem I encountered this weekend started from within Serato.

While playing music (on SSL), I was initially getting slight distortion\dropouts (we're talking only milliseconds). Never had that problem before. Then in the middle of a song, the wave form for the song disappears entirely, and music stops. I scramble and fire up a tune from my backup gear (Numark D2 Director). In the panic, I didn't notice what was on DMC2 display though.

I close down Serato and attempt to launch VirtualDJ 6.0.1 instead. VirtualDJ won't launch completely, so I'm forced to hard reboot PC.

After logging in, I again attempt to launch VirtualDJ. This time it launches OK.

VirtualDJ music is playing fine, then DMC2 displays message of "PC Disconnected", but music continues to play. I try to open & close VirtualDJ config window in hopes of have DMC2 recognized again. No Dice.

Instead, I play next track off of D2 again. I then Close & reopen VirtualDJ. This time it launches fine & DMC2 is recognized and everything works normal for the remainder of the event. Although, from that point on, I was on edge the entire night.

Upon getting home from gig (around midnight) until 3 AM, I look online for solution.

Next day, I pull the gear out, to see if I had any sort of loose connection that was causing all my problems. I don't find anything out of the norm.

I try to test Serato by disconnecting DMC2 while music is playing, but music continues fine. Do same test (with same results) on VDJ. Didn't get a chance to do similar test with Belkin hub though.

The items I suspect may be the cause:

1) Single USB cable going from laptop to hub. But if this was it, then why does audio continue to work off of my M-Audio Fast Track Pro (which is solely USB powered)?
2) Belkin Powered USB Hub. Did I possibly have a loose USB or A/C adapter cable? Something within this caused Serato to stop playing? Same thing caused the "PC Disconnected" message on DMC2? But after hard reboot everything worked fine for rest of the night.
3) DMC2 - Something within this caused Serato to stop playing? Same thing caused the "PC Disconnected" message? Again, But after hard reboot everything worked fine for rest of the night.

As a final footnote, I had another issue with VDJ a couple of months back. Which caused my switch to Serato, although I still use VDJ for the automix cocktail & dinner music. That time, in the middle of a dance set, VDJ closed down without any warning or error message. Totally uncool. After that fiasco, I got a new laptop (the current one from above). To this day I don't know what caused that problem, since I had been rock solid on VDJ since I first got it (well over a year). I also have an old DMC1, that I was using initially, before getting the DMC2. That DMC1-VDJ setup never failed me.

Anyways, for this coming weekend, I'm trying to eliminate all suspect equipment. So I've gone to Denon DN-HC4500 controller, and temporarily scrapping the DMC2, M-Audio & Belkin hub entirely. Instead going direct (dedicated) USB cables to Denon & SL3.

geposted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 1:01 pm
djfluke1 wrote :
Simon,

So you are saying an issue was discovered in the ICDX? We just want to understand and be clear about what your saying.
If this is the case, i can live with that.

Please advise.

I believe that that the issues you speak of where mapping problems and should be solved in the next update.

Please send me a mail at sbangs[at]numark.com with any further details you would like us to know.

geposted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 7:57 am
@djronh1

I believe that serato is taking ownership of the device stopping you from making the switch.
I have not seen this problem before and will do some testing and report back.
Have you posted the issue you had with Serato on the SL forums to see if they have any thoughts?

geposted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 8:00 am
djronh1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
skyfxl wrote :
@djronh1
Have you posted the issue you had with Serato on the SL forums to see if they have any thoughts?

Use I have, and also on a few other forums.

Thus far, the consensus is, the USB hub is suspect.

geposted Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 8:04 pm
Well I hope it is a Mapper problem for the ICDX , but do you know . . . or are you familiar with the problem ,and how do you know that it is a mapper problem , and who told you THAT who said they are gonna fix the problem, and if they really are Aware of what the problem is LET us Know.

geposted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 1:04 am
devasty1 wrote :
Well I hope it is a Mapper problem for the ICDX , but do you know . . . or are you familiar with the problem ,and how do you know that it is a mapper problem , and who told you THAT who said they are gonna fix the problem, and if they really are Aware of what the problem is LET us Know.

It seems there be more than one issue reported, please explain yours.

geposted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 3:30 am
Hello,
I'm having the sound problem with my Numark Omnicontrol: when using the knobs, faders or wheels, a distorted sound is heard.
Is there any way I could solve this issue?
Thanks for answering,

Quentin.

geposted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 9:32 am
AlmostASound wrote :
Hello,
I'm having the sound problem with my Numark Omnicontrol: when using the knobs, faders or wheels, a distorted sound is heard.
Is there any way I could solve this issue?
Thanks for answering,

Quentin.

Sounds like your computer may have latency issues or does not meet the recommended spec.

What is the spec of your computer?

geposted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 11:40 am
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 3800+
2.01GHz, 1 Go Ram

geposted Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 1:45 pm
Hi,

I have an issue with Numark ICDX and Virtual Dj 5.2. I use one Numark ICDX player to control both sides in the VDJ interface.
Sometimes, at random, when moving the jog wheel for pitch bend VDJ would go crazy on the active side and do a random number of things: e.g. change the tempo of the song by some amount, change the position in the song, enable/disable loop.

This is rather awkward as i don't know when it will happen, but it will happen live when I dj in the club.

Would anybody have a clue on how to fix this issue?

Thanks and regards from Vilnius

geposted Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 8:52 pm

It seems there be more than one issue reported, please explain yours. [/quote]

Here above this post, him, is reporting the SAME PROBLEM ,we have and many others have been reported for years already, some already choose to sell their ICDXs. This problem wont allowed you to use them in a gig or event because: they make the softhware To Do "UNESPECTED REACTION , at UNESPECTED MOMENT " WHEN YOU TOUCH THE JOGWHEEL(inner or outher) at the middle of the event(imagine the dancefloor pack of people or a weddiing when they are taking movie""and this problem appears!). For me: I said it before, I try a lots of things, but is it only an ICDX & VIRTUALDJ problem?????? who?? the ICDXs or VIRTUAL?? My OPINION is the ICDX.
Lots of people reporting this problem are confused ,about their set ups etc etc,. OK but if they work fine for some one, WITH VIRTUAL , let me know exactly the set up ,system etc for my to buy the same, I asked before and no one answerme back.
This problem appears maybe right away or can take hours If it doesnt happens in a gig you can be luky but how can you play knowing that can happen any moment it is scary! Some times may not happen in days .
ICDX JOGWEEL (issue) PROBLEM" It is been reported several times, in different ways, hidden in belives on wrong configurations bad setups and keeping this guys confused about other things like set ups etc etc BUT... IT IS the ICDX .other controllers work fine with virtual or only have some issues or mapping adjust that you can live with.... but this is a problemon icdxs. Please Help Or TELL US if there is no CUre. or if some one is lookin at this or if we have any hope. for us to take the final desition. THANKS

geposted Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 11:59 am
11%