Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Leacher/Pirate Alert

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have come across a website (a forum actually) which is hosting a thread titled "Virtual DJ 2 (with crack), with Samples, Effects & Skins!!"

I'm not sure who exactly I should send this to and obviously I'm not gonna post the link here for other leachers to see.

I think I'll email this to e-service?

geposted Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 6:50 am
Sure it's the best place to send this kind of information: e-service

Thanks

geposted Tue 29 Mar 05 @ 6:53 am
I hope this thread encourages Mr. Clavel and Company to develop “crack down” measures that will protect future VDJ releases. With VDJ becoming extremely popular, the crack usage will only get worse. Crack usage prevents income that could be used for software improvements or for developing new hardware (like a dual controller). Crack usage is also a virtual slap in the face to everyone involved in developing VDJ.

Although I don’t use FX, I do understand why VISIO required each install to be registered. If I’m not mistaken, you are allowed two installs; any additional installs on more than two computers required deactivating a current install. I have other software with the same crack down safeguards. Consequently, it seems unavoidable that more stringent protection measures will be needed to preserve the integrity of VDJ.

I think every install should be registered and limited to three simultaneous uses. This means that after installing and registering VDJ on three computers, a person would have to deactivate VDJ on one computer before being able to install it on the fourth computer. Let’s face it, how many of us “legally” need to have VDJ on more than three computers at once?

Just one man's opinion on crack prevention....

OO

btw Good looking out DJ Ross M!!! You should have your member status upgraded for that.

geposted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 8:05 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
honestly you could spend all day trying to find all the "sites" that offer vdj, my point is crackz will always be, i think the use of registering serials on this site to get bonus additional effects and etc. work pretty well. not a total fix but certainly enough to make guys like me rather buy it then DL a booty version. i think the one mentioned in the post above is only 2.0 no wonder hackers/priates come here asking for support. I would actually like to see this program marketed to U.S. users, it would be pretty cool to walk in to a music shop and see a vdj setup, be able to pick up an xp10 without paying a days worth of work for shipping.

geposted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 9:08 pm
Maybe I didn’t explain myself clearly listen2. One software that I use identifies your computers individual identity number and generates a registration code. The company that makes this software informed me that it’s based on the cpu because each one has it own unique number. You then have xx amount of days to either go online or call and register the registration code in order to receive an activation code. Furthermore, the activation code will only work on the registered computer. If I were to give you a copy of the program after registering it, it would not work on your computer because your cpu identification number would be different. Furthermore, VDJ has a very innovative DEV Team that could come up with additional “crack” deterrents.

Regardless of our different opinions, more safe guards need to be taken by this company. I could easily give out copies of VDJ to my friends. However, if the software would only work on identified and registered computers, I couldn’t give anybody a copy—not even myself!

OO

geposted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 9:37 pm
After reading your post again listen2, it appears that you admit to using crack: “make guys like me rather buy it then DL a booty version”, which is the point I’m trying to make….

OO

geposted Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 12:36 am
now I must admit that posts like that really hurts the community. But one thing we can't hold against him is his honesty.

sometimes the truth hurts yet I hope listen2 does the right thing and purchases this software.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 2:47 am
I do respect the fact that listen2 was being honest. Furthermore, the truth does hurt—all legal users. Crack users hinder the advancement of VDJ because they share their crack, which reduces income. As I’ve already posted, “Crack usage prevents income that could be used for software improvements or for developing new hardware (like a dual controller).”

I do realize that some of them will eventually get off crack, which is why they are probably allowed to hang around: http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=11025
BIG UPS TO XEON FOR GETTING OFF CRACK!

OO

geposted Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 3:02 am
easy up on that smoke! i think you guys are so P-noid about pirates you missed my point! i said i'd rather be honest and legit then Download a booty version(period) what this site offers is a lot more then you could ever need to know about VDJ and that is worth some $$$ in itself, so really helpful support people. Dj whiteDVL : don't even start with that community Blah blah blah! i have read posts that make some might think you had a cracked version before. maybe you have said you did and come clean and i have not read about it but that is rather insulting and quite a prejudgment on your part, maybe since you just bought it and feel good about crapping on me. Do the right thing? who are you anyway? Spike Lee? now that i'm done with my rant i'm sorry but seem to be misunderstood. i look forward to joinng the community in the future!

geposted Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 3:10 am
i sense the mock mode in full effect! i DO NOT have a cracked version. i am not going to bicker bout it since i don't feel the need to have to defend myself. can't you just ping me or something to see if i have a version installed or not? maybe i didn't put my word my point well and made it sound different, but to me it make sense. again sorry.....and i do look forward to be a pro user.

geposted Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 3:36 am
If I misunderstood your post listen2 then I apologize. Furthermore, you have nothing to prove to me—I don't own the company. Looking forward to welcoming you to the VDJ family someday soon.

OO

geposted Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 3:38 am
Listen2 I didn't mean to crap on anyone by what I mentioned above in that post and if you misunderstood my coment then by all means I am sorry. All I mentioned was the fact that a coment such as you have made hurts the comunity by posting this in the forums. I'm sure you'll purchase the full version in some time just as I did although sometimes cash has to be put towards better things. I will also be there to welcome you to the community when you join us.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Sat 02 Apr 05 @ 4:12 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)